ཧᜰ꙰ꦿ➢ THREE

The whelp bit him again.

But Taehyung didn't budge. He didn't pull his hand back this time. He held his breath and bit his lips to stifle the yelp to escape from his lips.

The whelp looked at him with sharp eyes, waiting for a reaction from Taehyung. The boy only swallowed and then finally looked at the baby dragon. They held each other's gaze, but the whelp sank his teeth deeper, making Taehyung wince in response. Taehyung held his ground, closed his eyes, and took deep breaths.

However, the death grip on his hands was gone. He opened his eyes to see the baby dragon withdrawing from his hand. The sharp look in his eyes had all but disappeared. The dragon looked at him with curiosity before licking the wound on his hand- an arc of teeth imprints on the side of his palm.

Taehyung began to withdraw his palm, but the disapproving grumble from the whelp stopped him.

The baby dragon stood up from the cushion and stepped down from it. Flapping his wings, he looked at Taehyung again. His eyes were calculating, judging, waiting for Taehyung to go against his wishes. When Taehyung did not attempt to move, the dragon moved and grumbled to gain Taehyung's attention.

Taehyung hesitantly made eye contact with the whelp, held it for a minute before the dragon broke it again.

As if evading his eyes, the whelp looked away, and then...he bowed to Taehyung. Taehyung was still standing with his hands extended towards the baby dragon. The whelp approached his hand again, nudged at it slightly before rubbing his head lightly, surprising Taehyung even further.

The whelp then approached further, nudging at his chest from the platform. Like a cat, the dragon snuggled into his chest, rubbing his body against Taehyung. Taehyung finally relaxed when the dragon snuggled his neck and stepped back only to climb onto Taehyung's shoulder and then settle on his head.

The twelve-year-old he is, he couldn't keep his balance with the weight that was lounging at his head, and he fell.

The dragon sat on his chest as he lay on the ground groaning.The dragon had mirth in his eyes as he looked down at the boy looking at him with a pout.

"You did this on purpose, didn't you?" asked Taehyung, annoyed, and the dragon huffed in response. A purr of satisfaction rose from the whelp's chest as he laid his head on Taehyung's chest, preparing to go back to sleep.

'better than the cushion, warmer too.' Yes, that's what Taehyung was.

Taehyung was done now.

He wrapped his arms around the baby dragon, and the whelp looked at him disapprovingly.

"Don't bite me again. I gave you a peace offering, and you accepted it,"the whelp squinted his eyes at him but didn't move.

Taehyung moved him aside to stand up on his feet again. The dragon huffed and moved, going back to cushion, but he was hoisted up in the air by Taehyung before he knew it.

"We are going to our new place," said Taehyung, and as expected, the dragon grumbled again. His tail whipped at Taehyung's legs ' you never said anything about using my tail.'

" What?" Taehyung whined, and the dragon looked at his cushion.

-" We have plenty at our place, " Taehyung said only to receive a grumble and a sharp look from the whelp.

Yeah, they took both with them- the cushion and the gold coin.

╭┈┈┈┈────═══════ ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-
╰┈➤ ❝ to be continued ❞