ཧᜰ꙰ꦿ➢TWO

Taehyung's eyes were wet with tears, and he pressed his lips into a pout. His Grandma was applying an ointment to his fingers. The whelp had bitten him, but the bruise wasn't gruesome. It was a warning bite- painful but harmless.

"I thought we had rehearsed how you were supposed to approach a dragon Tae. Did you forget?" His grandmother enquired kindly.

-"Hmm," Taehyung nodded in agreement, " I was excited to meet him," he continued quietly. Dragons are proud beings. They don't regard any other species as their equal or even close. So, approaching them can be difficult.

Thus, the whelp naturally rejected Taehyung's invasion of his personal space.-" Do you want to try again tomorrow?" his grandmother asked, but Taehyung shook his head, "No," he said.

His grandmother smiled at him, "It's alright to mess up sometimes, my boy. Learning from mistakes is important."

"Do you think he'll like me this time?" Taehyung asked with shining eyes,-"Of course, but you need to approach him as we have practiced."

Taehyung nodded happily, his excitement to meet the dragon kindled up again.

─────── 𖡎❀༘۪۪᭢ ───────

When they came back to the hatchery the next morning, they saw the whelp curled up on his fuffy cushion. Taehyung's grandmother didn't enter the chamber, knowing that the baby dragon wouldn't like it. The dragon had met only one human so far, and that was Taehyung.

Once the whelp accepted Taehyung, they would move the whelp to his designated land. A place where he would grow, play, learn, and live until he eventually joins the fleet.

Taehyung entered carefully, his grandmother encouraging him from the door. The sunlight entering from the circular opening above the room lit up the place. It was a small hut, with stone walls and a thatched roof.

The baby dragon stirred awake with the sound of the door. Adjusting his wings and body, and squinted his at Taehyung. A small rumble sounded from his chest before a huff of air exited his nose.

Taehyung slowly stepped up to the platform the cushion was on but kept a safe distance. He bowed to the whelp, then waited. The baby dragon adjusted his wings, then stood up on his four feet and looked at Taehyung with a tilt of his head.

The twelve-year-old sighed with relief when he saw the signs of acknowledgment from the dragon. The dragon was 1/3 the size of Taehyung, but he still managed to intimidate Taehyung. He moved in closer to the whelp, slowly extending his hand towards the whelp. He had a shiny gold coin in the palm of his hand, which he offered to the dragon.

The dragon looked intrigued by the appearance of this new and shiny thing. His eyes shined, and his nose flared at the sight of it. His eyes traveled between the coin and Taehyung's eyes before he took slow and proud strides towards the boy. Taehyung looked away from the approaching dragon and gave him space to relieve his curiosity.

The dragon picked the coin with his teeth from Taehyung's palm, and the said boy shut his eyes tighter from nervousness.

He opened his eyes again when he heard the sound of the dragon settling back into the cushion. He had kept the coin close to himself, even guarding it against sight, with his leathery wings.Taehyung took this as a final sign to approach the whelp. He extended his small hand again to touch the baby dragon's neck.

The welp bit him again.

╭┈┈┈┈────═══════ ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-
╰┈➤ ❝ to be continued ❞

How are guys liking it so far? >////< 

Is it a mess? 

Are you enjoying it?

!!! there is double update today :D <3 wait for it uwu