ཧᜰ꙰ꦿ➢FIVE

" Why do you look so nervous?" asked Yoongi, " I assure you dragons don't eat humans," he then chuckled.

- " Eh! I mean I know.. it's just- I was wondering why are you here?" replied Taehyung, now a bit embarrassed. Any dragon could have escorted them to the Matriarchy.

- " it's because the Matriarchy asked me to. This prideful whelp here, is one of blue bloods," replied Yoongi, holding the navy blue whelp's snout who adorably shook it off.

- " dragons have royalty, too?" Taehyung asked, surprised. It was news to a commoner like him. Dragons hatching from blue eggs, like Jeongguk, are capable of contributing towards the birth of the next Matriarchy. Thus, they are considered blue bloods.

- " Yes, they do. But don't worry your small brain about it," said Yoongi, before gently handing  the whelp over to Taehyung.

The whelp wrapped his tail around Taehyung's hand, his small claws digging into Taehyung's skin. He makes notes to cut them later.

" Step back, and hop on my back after I transform," said Yoongi, moving a distance away from Taehyung, but then he stopped looking back at Taehyung, "and hold. him. tight."

─────── 𖡎❀༘۪۪᭢ ───────

Taehyung had wondered why Yoongi had looked dead serious when he had asked him to hold the whelp tight.

Now he knows.

The whelp, hatched only a few hours ago, was thrashing about in his hold in thirst of flight. flight.

He was thankful they only had to cross a wall and not travel a distance to meet the Matriarchy. He doesn't know if he could have held the whelp for even a second longer than he did today.

Landing on the other side of the wall, they were met with guards securing the castle perimeter. The guards lined the path upto the castle doors at the sight of approaching black dragon.

The twelve-year-old felt intimidated with all the grandeur at sight. Be it the castle, it's guards, or the looming castle doors, all of them were too unfamiliar to him.

The whelp in his arms had finally stopped his attempts of flying away, looking warily at the guards  lining their way to the carved wooden swing doors of the castle.

They climbed a grand staircase that led them to the highest level of the castle where the Matriarchy  resides.

She stood there, at the steps of her throne,  in a white and gold embroidered gown. Her eyes were sharp, and amber with scales scattered around her eyes, like glitter. She was hauntingly gorgeous, and her gaze cold as stone when she looked down at Taehyung.

 She was hauntingly gorgeous, and her gaze cold as stone when she looked down at Taehyung

But then she smiled when her eyes landed on the whelp his arms. Yoongi bowed besides him nudging at his side, to remind him  of his manners.

Taehyung went stiff as his eyes widened before bowing to her Majesty, the Queen, the Matriarchy.

"rise" she said, and then Yoongi motioned Taehyung to move forward, towards the Matriarchy.

The whelp in his hands had been silent with his little gurgling sounds and movements of wings since they had entered the throne room.

She extended her hands as if to hold the whelp and Taehyung passed him to her, following his gut.

She gently held on to the hatchling, as he untangled his tail from it's grip on Taehyung's hand, and cradled him in her arms. The whelp purred, cradled in her arms and she began to move towards the door in back of the throne room.

Taehyung looked at Yoongi, unsure of what was happening, but he didn't like the thought being separated from the whelp.

"Don't worry, you can trust her. She's scary but she's like a mother to all of us," Yoongi reassured, "let's wait."

They waited in the throne room, and before long the Matriarchy walked out with the whelp in her arms. The whelp had burried his head under her throat, snuggled close.

She gracefully walked came to a halt before the waiting two, a hand stroking the whelp's scaled  back.

"What is your name, little human?" Taehyung got goosebumps hearing a voice, grace and fire personified. Again, it took him a second, to realise it was directed at him.

"Taehyung, " he said, trying to reign in his nerves.

She bundled the navy blue whelp in her hands while he gurgled and purred, wrapping his tail around her wrist.

"Taehyung, meet Jeongguk. "

╭┈┈┈┈────═══════ ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-
╰┈➤ ❝ to be continued ❞