Chapter 18: My Personal Monster

A/N: So here's an update, and my sincere apologies. I've been busy as olevels is around the corner! How are ya'll? Good, I hope.

ᴍʏ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟ ᴍᴏɴsᴛᴇʀ
ʜᴇʟᴇɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ
୧‿︵‿︵  ✾  ︵‿︵‿୨

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐒 an unsettling pit in my stomach as I move forward, beads of sweat forming on my hairline and my body shaking. Low whimpers and pants leave my mouth, which hurt from the bruising punishment I received from my personal monster. My stepfather, Shawn.

Hearing footsteps, I push my small legs to move forward. My heart was arctic and hammering in my ear. I ran, without making a sound, my eyes focused on the refrigerator a few inches away from me.

"My sweet Helen. Where are-e you?" Shawn sings, his sound vibrating through the thin walls of the apartment and my breathing stops for a second. It's okay, Helen. Inhale. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Inhale. Exhale. He was haunting me like I was his prized toy and prey. If I hide, I'm safe. I'll be safe.

Opening the door of the empty refrigerator, I seized my small body into it before chucking an inhale, and closing the door shut. I closed my eyes shut, my skin already freezing from the cold. I barely had any clothes on my body. Shawn had ripped my dress apart, and when I had cried and begged him to stop, I was gifted harsh slaps and numbing punches. When I am weak and crying, it makes him angry and pleased.

He is a complete psychopath.

I slap a hand around my mouth when I hear the song Shawn hums. He was enjoying this. He enjoyed every bit of my tears, screams, pleas, and how hurt I got from his abuse. He thrives on it.

I squeeze my eyes shut, praying to any god out there to help me. To let him not find me, but it was as if the gods were laughing at me.

"There you are!" Shawn exclaims, pointing the tip of the knife at me. A grin formed on his face, and I wanted to cry and vomit.

"Plea-" He slams his hand around my neck and drags me out of the refrigerator, his hold tight and merciless around my neck. My lips parted for gasped breaths as I clawed at his hand. I couldn't breathe.  I can't breathe. I'm going to die. He's killing me. My thoughts became hazy for a second. I could feel my body become still in his hand.

That was until my back hit something soft and a stinging slap was delivered to my cheeks.

"Not the time to faint, my sweet Helen." He unfastened his belt. "You have to remember how good I make you feel, hm?" He smirks, tying my hands onto the bed.

A sob rips through my parted lips, and tears quickly follow. He was going to rape me again.

"Don't do this, please."

⊶⤟  ❦  ⤠⊷

I jolt up from my sleep, awareness seeping through my body and mind, and I wrap my hands around myself to calm down. Beads of sweat had formed on my hairline, and I could hear the frantic beat of my heart. The night was dangerously chilly and calm. The silver light of the moon seeps from the curtains.

I take a sharp inhale, holding it in for a while before exhaling. I had a nightmare from when I was ten.

"Oh, how bad I want you next to me. I'll soon ruin you, again. However, Hailie comes first this time." Shawn's promise rings in my mind like death.

A scowl forms on my lips. I needed to get my shit together if I'm going to win. I need to be calm and collected. Shawn is trying to make me panic, so that I won't be able to think straight.

I cannot afford to be vulnerable right now. I cannot sit at home, sip tea with my brother, and play princess right now. I have to fucking find him and kill him for good this time.

Pacing around the room, I subconsciously ran a hand through my hair. My heartbeat was still dangerously frantic. I couldn't help myself and let out a crazed laugh. After all these years, I was still afraid of him. I hated myself for being scared. It's as if my body is always trained to fear him, to tremble in his ruthless presence.

I clench my jaw. I must do something. Attack Preston and Shawn before they attack me. I just need to do something. I must protect my sister.

Making up my mind, I grab my keys and jacket. It was 3 am at midnight. Sue me if a give a fuck about that. There are more important things to tend to anyway. Tiptoeing down the stairs, my feet halt when I hear something moving.

I shut my eyes for a moment, wondering to myself who in their right mind would be awake right now. Except for me, since I'm insane. I focused my eyes on the place where the sound came from, and I let out a relieved sigh when I saw it was Ashton's cat.

⊶⤟  ❦  ⤠⊷

The night was mourning. The silver moon seems lonely. The wind weeps, playing a gloomy song with the leaves of the trees. Branches hit one another and leave dancing like puppets to the wind as if holding on for dear life.

I speed up, wanting to reach my destination before the voices inside my head swallow me up. It was upsetting how well Shawn could make me fear him. It infuriated me. I want nothing more than to catch him and kill him myself this time.

I'll make sure he dies at my disposal. I'll show him the embodiment of pain and I will personally deliver it to him and enjoy the sound of his screams. I'll show him the devil he created.

I sped down when I saw the familiar forest after driving for two hours. Leaving my bike, I stride inside the forest with perception. The sky was lightening up, and I could see far inside the forest as it was dawn. Through the dead silence inside the forest, birds chirp. It brings a calmness to my soul.

After a twenty-minute walk, I stop in my tracks when I see the appearance of a brown and black house. The architecture of the house was mesmerizing. It was built with dark-tinted bulletproof glasses and wood.

I smirk, deciding to play with them for a little bit. First, I tempered with the house, trying to break in through the heavy security, and an alarm goes off. Lazily placing my fingerprints and unlocking the door, I see a crowd of tense people pointing their guns and knives at me, ready to attack.

My lips curl up and I wave my hand, "Hello, folks."

⁀➷

Enjoy! 

Vote, comment, share, & follow.

ℳ𝑒𝓁 ⟿