39) kleptomaniac - newt

Kleptomania: a serious disorder that causes an irresistible urge to steal items that aren't needed and are usually of little value.

~ newts pov~

one month ago a new glader arrived to the glade. Unlike the rest of the gladers this glader is a female. Her name is y/n.

y/n is very quiet and tends to keep to herself. however, from the few times I've talked to her I've learned she is very sweet.

besides getting a new glader the glade has been dealing with missing items.

a month ago some gladers started reporting misplaced items. Eventually everyone in the glade has started missing at least one item and no one knows who's taking the stuff or where the stuff is.

the stuff is usually small miscellaneous things. Things such as socks, brushes, shoes, hammers, etc....

One second it's there the next it's gone.

We've searched the whole glade for the items, but no luck

Some gladers said that the creators sent down a little robot to steal our stuff for testing but I doubt that

It's never really been a problem before but recently as more and more items are going missing the tensions have been rising

~*~

walking around the glade I make sure everything is going to schedule.

Alby has me check to make sure everyone's doing the proper amount of work and no one is slacking off.

I'm currently checking on the builders when I hear high pitched screams coming from the homestead.

As quickly as my limp allows me I make my way over to the screaming.

Upon opening the door Im greeted by the sight of Minho having an absolute fit and completely messing up his room.

"What are you doing?" I ask walking inside his room

His head snaps over to me.

"Thank god you're here newt you can help me look for my comb and gel. I can't find them anywhere"

"That's why you are screaming?"

"Uh duh. I need that stuff to live. Minho doesn't exist without his amazing hair" Minho rants while running around the room like a crazy person.

"Good luck with that" I walk away before Minho can complain more

Minho never misplaced his comb and gel, they are his babies and he keeps them in the same spot. which means someone took it. Why? I don't know

While heading down the stairs I accidentally bump into someone causing them to drop something.

"Ope sor-" Looking up I notice it's y/n. on the floor are Minho's comb and gel.

"Hey y/n, why do you have that?" I ask. More importantly why is she up here. She has her own room in a small cabin next to the deadheads.

when I ask her the question her eyes widen a bit and she tenses, but as soon as she does that she goes back to normal.

She smiles at me. "hey newt, I actually found these on the floor by the deadheads. I was going to bring them up to Minho since he's never without them and I'm not sure why they were down there. I'm not even sure why Minho has gel in the first place. Why is his hair so important to him anyway? I don't care about my hair that much and I have the most hair Out of everyone here. Well maybe not as much hair as Daxton since his hair is so lon-"