Chapter Twelve

A few days later, the marks started to fade but not that well. Thankfully, it was chilly today so I threw on a turtle neck and walked to work. I couldn't stop wondering why Keigo was suddenly being so cold to me. 'Did I make him upset that night..?' I walked to the store and immediately headed to the back to get working on more designs. I only had 3 weeks to make as many designs possible before New York. "I can use these first two weeks to make designs, hopefully I can visit Mama and Papa before I leave.." I said to myself as I grabbed a green long sleeved shirt and began sowing the right sleeve to the rest of the shirt. This was the 3rd article of clothing I have made in just the span of a few days.

"Hey boss!" Izuku popped his head into my work space. "Oh hey, what's up." I mumbled as I focused on the stitching on the shirt. "Mina and I were wondering if you wanted to go out tonight? Go to the club? Or out to eat?" He smiled wide, showing off his freckles. "Um.." I began, still completely focused on the shirt. "Food, nothing super spicy." My ears picked up on Mina and Izuku letting out a hushed 'Yes' as they walked back to the front. 'I honestly need a break from the stress I'm already under.'

~~~~~

A while after we closed the store for the night, my phone buzzed a few times as Izuku, Mina, and I walked to a restaurant called 'The Flour House'. I pulled my phone out of my pocket to see a text from both Katsuki and Keigo. "Fuck me..." I said under my breath and tapped on Keigo's message first.

My mother loved your designs. I told you that you had nothing to worry about, Sweetcheeks
8:22pm

My heart skipped a beat when I read his text. I've been feeling kind of lonely without Keigo, Italy was incredible and here soon we're going to the states. I know it's because it's our job, but I just can't explain how he makes me feel. "(Y/N)! You coming?" Mina called out and I shut off my phone, not checking Katsuki's text. "Yeah!" I called out and caught up with my friends. "Who was that?" Mina asked and nudged my shoulder with hers.

"It was Keigo." I said with a blush on my face. "Ooooo~ I see youu" She teased, causing me to blush more. "S-shut up Mina!" I pushed her away as she was laughing. Yeah, it's annoying having friends that can see right through you, but at the same time it makes it easier to talk to them about problems. "How much farther is the restaurant, Izuku?" Mina asked our freckled friend as he pulled up the directions. "Only three minutes!" He responded with a smile. 'Thank god, I'm starving.'  I thought to myself as my (E/C) eyes glanced up to see the restaurant.

~~~~~

"So (Y/N)!" Izuku gave off a devilish smile as he leaned across the table. "What's the deal with you and Keigo?" Mina gasped and covered her mouth with her hand, so she wouldn't burst out laughing. "We aren't anything serious! I swear! He's my boss, that's it." My face burned red as my eyes darted to my iced coffee. "Oh really?" Mina asked as she got up from her chair and snuck up behind me. "M-mina? What are you doing?" I could feel my chest tighten up with the sense of nervousness. "Then explain this!" She squealed as she yanked down my turtle neck, exposing the fading bruises that Katsuki left a few days ago. "Holy fuck (Y/N)!" The green haired boy gasped and started laughing. "Is he good in bed??"

"Both of you, shut up!" I snapped and pulled up my turtle neck. "Keigo didn't do this. He doesn't like me." Mina and Izuku both looked at each other and then me. "Soo, who did it then?" They both asked in unison. 'Should I tell them?' I could feel my (E/C) eyes begin to sting with tears and I sighed deeply, forcing the tears back. "Katsuki came over. He said he still loves me." My voice wavered as I told them. "Shut the fuck up." Mina's jaw dropped. "That asshole! How dare he say that he still loves you when he did you so dirty!" She clenched her fists and I began to remember that day.

"What are you talking about Katsuki..." Tears pricked my eyes as I stood at my front door, my parents sitting in the living room. "I can't do this anymore, (Y/N). I need to focus on my future and I don't have time for relationships." I could feel my heart breaking. I thought we were going to be forever. I thought it was finally our time. My eyes couldn't contain the tears anymore and soon, they were trickling down my face, one by one. "So, you're breaking up with me to focus on your future?" My voice was gentle as I avoided eye contact. "You don't wanna see if you can handle a relationship while planning your future?" His firey red eyes stared at me. "I don't want to. Sorry."

"I thought I was your future Katsuki!" My mood snapped from heartbreak to anger in an instant. "We waited our entire high school lives to date and now that we're graduated, you just wanna give it up?!" He was silent as my (E/C) eyes finally matched his stare. "Answer me Katsuki!" I yelled in his face as the tears continued to escape my eyes. "Yeah, I'm giving it up. Not my fault I want to be successful."  I could tell he was getting pissed and so was I. "I cannot believe I wasted THREE MONTHS on you, Katsuki Bakugo!" My arms shoved him back as I slammed my front door shut. After slamming the door, I ran to my room and shut the door. I couldn't hold back the tears. So many years of having feelings for him, so many years of being hopelessly in love with him and he doesn't want to even try.

"Yeah, after he did me so dirty." My heart sank as I relived that day. "I felt like I overreacted that day, ya know?" I confessed to Mina and Izuku. "What? How so?" Izuku asked.

"Well, we only dated for three months."

"(Y/N), you guys basically dated for three years. You just didn't make it official until a month before graduation." Mina sighed as she twirled her straw around in her boba tea. "Yeah, you and Kacchan would hang out every single day. You would spend the night at each others houses every weekend it seemed like." Izuku mentioned as he looked over at Mina. "You guys did basically everything together besides having sex." That small comment made my face go red. "Jesus Christ, Izuku! Do you have to say that!" My voice cracked as I tried to hide my embarrassment. "Am I wrong though?" He laughed and took a small bite out of his blueberry muffin. "No you aren't wrong. I just don't know why he decided to confess how he feels right now." My shoulders loosened up as I began to relax.

"What is Kacchan even doing with his life now?" Izuku asked as he ran a few fingers through his hair. "He just flew to the states. He's trying to jump start a business in New York." I sighed. "Aren't you going to New York in a few weeks with Keigo?" Mina glanced up at me with her yellow eyes. "Yep. I'm nervous to run into him." "I doubt you will. New York is a huge place."

"What're you going to do (Y/N)?" Izuku chimed in, causing both Mina and I to look over to him.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you love him?" He asked causing my heart to skip a beat because when Izuku said 'him', I didn't think of Katsuki. "I...don't know..." Before I continued, I took a long sip of my iced coffee and cleared my throat. "Katsuki will always have a special place in my heart, but I moved on." Izuku and Mina both looked at each other and then back to me. "What about Keigo? Is there any chemistry there?"

I began to think of Italy. Keigo was so busy with work, but he still made time for me. He still put in the effort to show me around and take me sightseeing. He brought out a different side of me. A side of me that was willing to take risks and put myself out there more. "I don't think he feels the same. Plus it's probably just a small crush that will go away once I work for him longer." I confessed and checked the time. "I appreciate you guys so much. I feel a bit better telling you guys about what happened." "Of course! We are your best friends after all!" Mina smiled wide. "Now! Enough of the deep bullshit! Tell us about Italy!!" She squealed and grabbed my hands, which brought a smile to my face.

"Okay!"

1533 words