Chapter Nine

"Really??" I asked and began to look at the surroundings from inside the car. "Yes, really." Keigo said and relaxed into his seat.

'I'm getting so excited!!'

"Enji, pull in here." Keigo said and Enji followed the instructions. Without warning, Keigo covered my eyes with a bandanna, causing me to let out a yelp of surprise. "What is this for??" The blonde sighed and tightened the bandanna, leaving my world completely dark. "Just shut up and you'll see." He said as he got out of the car. 'What in the shit is happening?'

My heart nearly leaped out of my chest when the car door opened harshly and I was yanked out of the car. The intoxicating smell of wine and saltwater filled my lungs the instant I was out of the car. "Keigo, for crying out loud. Where are we?" I asked. When the model didn't answer, my anxiety very slowly took over my senses. The sound of a boat rocking in the water sent me into a full panic and I began to carefully walk away but was stopped by a hand gripping my wrist and pulling me into the boat.

"K-Keigo!!" I whined as he pulled off the bandanna. "And before you ask, no this isn't a boat. It's a gondola." The tall blonde smirked as he folded the bandanna up and stuffed it into his pocket. "Why are we here?"

"To go sightseeing, duh." He said and gave the signal to begin the ride.

My eyes immediately began scanning every inch of our surroundings. Old brick homes lined up with each other, people hung up their clothes on lines to dry, there were bridges above us as we were rowed through the canal. "Keigo, this is amazing!" I smiled.

"It doesn't take much to impress you, does it?" He asked smugly and leaned into his seat, breathing in the saltwater air. "Well, no. I haven't left Japan once until now." I admitted, causing Keigo to suddenly sit up, making the gondola wobble. "Careful Keigo!" I scolded, my voice filled with nervousness. "You mean to tell me, that you haven't left Japan at all?" His golden eyes pierced into mine. "I've obviously gone on vacation, just haven't left Japan at all. Is that so hard to believe?" My arms instinctively crossed as I eyed the male sitting across from me.

"Hmm, in all honesty, it's not that hard to believe." Keigo ran his hand through his messy blonde hair and leaned back in his seat again. "Whatever." I scoffed and continued to admire the scenery, my head propped with my hand and right leg thrown over my left.

It was a fairly cool day, but still warm enough for a gondola ride. The waters of the canals were a stunning crisp blue, the shadows of the building made it look dark and murky but when the sun hit the water, it was breathtaking. There was soft music being played in the passing restaurants and people talking and laughing, everyone was enjoying themselves.

Keigo suddenly tapped my shin with his sneaker, earning my attention. "What?" I asked, looking at the model. "Tell me about yourself." He said nonchalantly. "Seriously?" My heart fluttered slightly. "Yes seriously. I don't know anything about you."

"Okay, fine." I cleared my throat and took a deep breath.

"I was born in Tokyo, no siblings. I lived with my parents up until last year." My eyes avoided contact with his as I talked. "My mother was very passionate about being creative. She told me to always go for my dreams and taught me how to sew clothes. My father was an entrepreneur, so he helped me get where I am." I smiled. "When I graduated my vocational school, they gifted me Kofi. He has been my biggest supporter through all of this."

Keigo's golden eyes examined my body language and sighed. "Your parents seem pretty awesome. My father was pretty distant until I earned some fame, now he believes I owe him shit." The model dug into his pockets and pulled out a cigarette. "My mother has always been my ride or die, she lives in Ireland off the coast of Dublin." He said as he took a long drag of the cigarette. "Do you always smoke?" I asked. "Not all the time. Why? Does it bother you?"