✘1.25

"What are you staring at, the pictures aren't going to take themselves

"What are you staring at, the pictures aren't going to take themselves." Renjun broke the silence with a narrowed gaze.

Jisoo perked up out of her trance, nodding her head and taking the camera.
The girl began to look through the camera to align the scenery up perfectly as Renjun sat at the bench with the pen in his hand, fluidly writing down their written task as the girl busied herself.

She was distracted, distracted by the sight of the fire that she was stood by the river, camera in her hands yet she wasn't taking any pictures.

"Do you know a woman with short hair- a witch with short hair?" Jisoo spoke out as she gazed at the river- her reflection staring back at her.

"No." Renjun replied, continuing to write.
"When I touched Aria I saw that but...I touched her again today and I saw someone else. She was a human, she was next to the witch and they were talking about something. Her name...I'm sure she said her name." She muttered at the end trying to recall it.

Renjun's hand holding the pen halted suddenly, snapping his head up at the girl who had her back turned to him a fair distance away.

"The witch had the same spell aura as the one casted on Aria so I'm sure it's them. It looked like they were both plotting something- the Human girl she had this scar on her neck like...bite mark-"

Jisoo's words were cut off by the sudden teleportation of the boy who was now stood next to her with an unreadable expression in his eyes.

She yelped in surprise, his appearance catching her off guard as she immediately jolted away from him on instinct- the heel of her foot missing the edge of the ground.

Eyes widening as she gasped at the feeling of her foot slipping, the water behind her and the sound of the waterfall flowing down drowned out by her fear.

Calculated and sharply, Renjun's hand shot out- grasping onto her own one and pulling her back to her feet before she fell into the river.

The strength in his pull to the petite girl resulted in her being yanked towards his body, it all happened in the blink of an eye that her hand flew out to stop her from bashing into him full force- resting on his chest just under his shoulder.

Breath caught in her throat as she collided with him but not enough to send them both toppling over- her tightly shut eyes reopened once she felt the warmth of his body instead of the freezing cold water.

First she same face to face with his chest, tilting her head up to meet his stormy blackened gaze.
"Th-thank you." Jisoo spoke out quietly, the pounding of her heart from the shock amplified to the boy's ears.

The sound of her blood rushing around on her veins thumping against the ribcage, pulse beating quickly- Renjun's eyes flickered briefly to her neck where he could almost see the pulse beating.

He closed his eyes to refocus himself, opening them again with a determination.
"What was her name?" He asked.

Jisoo was still recovering from her shock, noticing she was still partially pressed up against the boy so she removed her hand from his chest and stepped back not realising she was still extremely close to the edge.