CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

Start from the beginning

"I mean..." Raheem trailed off. "I rock with it,"

"Y'all goofy," Terrell joked, laughing at all of us.

"You're not at all off the hook, Terrell," Malaysia assured him. "You and Ms. Amber are indeed, Amberell,"

"I like that,"

As we ate our lunch, we were all joking about couple names and discussing what were our plans to do in Miami. The more we talked about it, I was growing excited to be out there with all of them, including Leandra. It was going to be a great experience.

.

.

.

Work was over, and I was now at Terrell's house, getting ready for the date that I had planned for Malik. After finishing my shower, I wrapped the towel around my body and exited the bathroom going to the room to find a casual outfit. First, I had my hair styled in a sleek low puff. Then, I dressed in dark blue denim high-waisted jeans and an off-the-shoulder neon pink fill trim puff sleeve rib-knit tee-shirt, with my neon pink heel covering flat with open-toe lace-up plain sandals.

I accessorized with my best friend necklace, bracelet, and pearl earrings and well as a coach crossbody purse. I placed all the stuff that I needed, including a blindfold, before taking my cellphone off of the charger to text Malik;

I'll be there in less than ten minutes.

I finished getting ready, applying a soft glam makeup look to my face, and I was now eager to head out of the door. I moved closer to the door, so I was sure that I had everything as I heard my cellphone going off, and I checked it, seeing a brand new message from Malik.

HoneyBunny: Aight, I'm done getting ready. Ready to see you!

Me: okay. See you in a few.

I walked out of the door, heading downstairs as I watched Terrell putting on his Nikes.

"I'm about to head out, TerryBear," I told him. "I don't know how long it's going to be, but I'll talk to you later,"

"Aight, I'm going to the gym with Raheem, gon' hoop," He replied.

"That sounds fun, well, see you later," I smiled, waving at him as I exited out of the house and towards my rental car. I unlocked the door with my car keys, opening the door, and stepped inside the driver's seat.

I turned on the car and pulled out of the driveway, leaving out of Terrell's neighborhood and going directly to Malik's neighborhood as they didn't stay that far from one another. Their homes were like ten minutes away from one another. It was okay with me since it was leaving me thinking of about the date.

The date that I had planned for us is a fun date, and we would do a lot of moving. I found myself overthinking whether it was the best choice for the date. I sighed, pulling up into Malik's neighborhood finally, and I drove towards his house that I remembered from being there. I noticed the basketball goal that I didn't remember seeing last time, but I knew it belonged to Malik.

I arrived in front of the house, and I stepped out of the car, going to the front door. I rang the doorbell and waited for him to open it. In less than two seconds, the door opened, and the person behind the door looked so happy to see me; it even looked like his eyes were sparkling, but it couldn't be because of me? Right? He allowed me to enter his home, and it was just as clean as it was from the first time being here.

"My sunshine," He greeted, pulling me into his arms instantly and leaving several kisses all over my face. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," I smiled, kissing him repeatedly, and each time, the butterflies were increasing. "You ready to go?"