CHAPTER NINETEEN

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

I n — P r o g r e s s

Arriving at the tv and movie production company building, I escorted the actresses and their agents to their dressing rooms. I immediately got back into work going into the stockroom to take the brand new walkie talkies out and placed them all into a clear, plastic container to get ready to hand them out to the crew members. Leaving the stockroom, I locked the door with the keys and moved towards the film studio room.

As I entered the room, I glared at the crew members getting everything prepared for the movie set. Everyone seemed preoccupied with their tasks. I let out a deep breath, plastering a smile on my face as I headed towards the key creative team members being Mr. McKnight, Raheem, and Mrs. Terry.

"Hello!" I greeted them all cheerfully. Holding the container of walkie talkies. "I have the walkie talkies here, and if you need new batteries, just let me know and I'll replace them for you."

"Thank you, Breanna." Mrs. Terry said, taking her walkie talkie.

I nodded my head at her, handing the others to Mr. McKnight and Raheem. I got ready to leave their section to walk over to the production department. Once I left their department, I distributed the devices to all of the other departments. Leaving the film studio room, I walked towards the break area and placed the container on the side.

My next task was signing-in all the extras and helping them fill in their paperwork. Grabbing hold of the iPad and folder, I glanced at the people surrounding the film studio in large circles, and let out a breather before stepping over to them with a plastered grin on my face.

As soon as I reached them, their attention fell on to me as I counted the number of extras that were standing and made sure that I added just enough boxes to be filled in on the iPad. After I made the changes to the iPad fill-ins, I began to speak.

"Hi everyone!" I greeted them all. "I'm going to walk to each person and ask you for your name then I'll give you paperwork to fill in and if anyone needs help, I'll be happy to assist you."

Stepping to the first person, she gave me her name and I handed her the paperwork before moving down the line. I made sure that I added everyone to the list, and checked the boxes off. As a few extras asked for assistance to the paperwork, they were escorted to the waiting area with plenty of entertainment, snacks, and drinks until the first scene was called to be shot.

I carried the paperwork from the extras in the folder, as the walkie talkie began to go off. I pressed the button and waited for the person to speak.

"Breanna?!" The voice called.

"Yeah?!"

"This is George, can you help prepare the lights for the first set?" He asked.

"Not a problem, I'm on it,"

"Thanks," He ended it.

I let go of the button, going into the film room to help him. I moved quickly to the stage part of the room and spotted George preparing the lights for the first scene of the movie. I moved closer to him as I inserted light bulbs very delicately for him. I tucked my lip in as I slowly removed the used lights and replaced them with brand new light bulbs.

I kept it up until the walkie talkie sounded off and I pressed the button, holding it up to my mouth as I tried to add the last light bulb.

"Breanna, are you busy?" Tatyana's voice appeared from the other walkie talkie.

"I'm available, what's wrong?" I inserted the final light bulb as I climbed on the latter to pull on it to get it straight and the next thing I knew, the light bulb dropped, shattered all over the floor making me sigh from how loud the noise is, "Sorry for the disturbance, you guys."