CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

Start from the beginning

"Wow, that's interesting, but I probably won't even attend the after-party," I told him. "Because Mr. McKnight never mentioned it to me, and I think it might be for celebrities only, isn't it?"

"I'm not sure, you gotta' ask Leandra, but I do know that I'm excited for this date that you have planned for us," He chuckled. "I've never been this excited about a date like this since our very first date,"

"I'm glad that you are," I blushed. "It'll be fun. I can't wait to see your face whenever we get there. I also was thinking that we should either eat before or after, but I'm going towards eating afterward,"

"I'm with whatever you decide, ma," He smirked, licking over his lips.

Strictly professional, Breanna. I turned my head, not wanting to act on how I was feeling at the moment, but it's the way he said it that had me feeling butterflies.

"Okay, Mr. Porter," I said, moving forward in the line.

"So, sunshine, what you're expecting to happen in Miami?" He questioned, glaring directly into my eyes.

"Hmm, I don't know." I shrugged. "Maybe, eating out, going swimming, touring different places, and just simply having the best time there. It's my first time traveling there, so I want to make the most of it and have fun,"

"I'll make sure that it will be for you," He confirmed. "It'll be my first time going also, but I feel like it'll be better with us being together,"

"You think so?"

"Of course," He grinned.

"Hmm,"

The line cleared, and it was now our turn to grab our food. The caterers gave us both smiled and handed us our plastic trays of food. I was excited to eat as we looked around for our group, and I smiled once I spotted Tatyana and the rest of our friends.

"There goes our Meanna!" Malaysia beamed.

Meanna?

I turned towards Malik, and we both shyly smiled at each other, taking our seats at the round table.

"I mean, it's better than Bralik," Terrell asserted.

Bralik?

"So, y'all was sitting here thinking of couple names for us?" I asked, laughing at the entire scenario.

"Yes!" Tatyana giggled. "Y'all wanna hear the ones that we all came up with?"

I looked at Malik, who was shaking his head as I couldn't stop myself from blushing at all of this. Couple names? It was sweet that our friends were thinking of couple names for us.

"And don't worry, we have some for Raheem and Tatyana as well," Malaysia blurted.

"Yes, they do," Raheem chuckled.

"First off, we have, Bralik and Meanna, of course," Malaysia affirmed. "Next, we have, Peanna, Maleanna, Breanlik,"

"Oh no," I laughed.

"I don't know, I'm kinda' liking Maleanna," Malik remarked, giving me a smirk.

"It...it is cute," I agreed, causing them all to give each other hive-fives as I opened up my box and grabbed the turkey wrap.

"Exactly! Now here's the one we have for Raheem and Tatyana," Malaysia admitted. "Ryana or Taheem,"

"I like Taheem,"

"You see? The best choice, T," Malaysia told Tatyana.

"It's decent. It has more of Raheem's name, so that's why he's feeling it the most," Tatyana teased.