01:04

You didn't know how you ended up here. Everything felt like a complete blur. All you can remember was a bunch of men barging inside your base and you trying to fend them off with your gun.

“–off.” You heard faint voices having a conversation just outside the door. The best you could do was turn your head to the direction of the door because your hands were tied together and your legs were tied up to a chair.

“No, let him.” More men were talking. Sounded like an argument, you noticed. 

“Whatever you say boss,” Another voice laughed, “Just so you know, she's on our side.”

“Do whatever you please, you're the one who found her.”

What the hell was happeni–

“Ah, there you are.” Someone opened the door and walked inside the room, three people were following him. Two guards stood by the door. “Welcome,” He smiled, approaching you, “to the Beach.”

There it was again. Beach. 

“Beach?” You looked up at him, seeing his grin widen. He nodded, “That’s right. The Beach, I’m sure you’ve heard of it before.” He said, walking around the room. Your gaze was on him, just him, and you felt like you were getting dizzy because of his moves. He walked up to the table and sat befoe reaching for two familiar things.

“Especially when you have these.” 

Oh.

He held the two blue bracelets up, reminding you that you had picked them up and brought them with you after two men dropped them on the store the other day. “Tell me,” He sighed, “How did you get these?”

“Did you kill them?” You heard a woman gasp, making you turn to look at her. She was wearing an all black outfit and a grin was visible on her face. 

“Let her speak.” Another man said, unlike the first man, this one was wearing regular glasses. 

“I didn’t kill them.” You denied, “They dropped them.”

“Dropped?” Another woman, in white, scoffed.

“They were talking about leaving the Beach,” You started, recalling every single thing you’ve heard, “They were hiding something, they talked about not returning to this place and abandoning everything.” You looked at the man who was wearing sunglasses, as you thought it was obvious that he was their leader.

“028 and 031.” He nodded, looking at the numbers embedded on the wristbands. He clicked his tongue, placing the bracelets back down on the table with a slam. He looked at you after, “From now on, you’re part of the Beach.”

“What?”

“We’ve caught wind of what you can do,” He chuckled, “Someone like you can help us gather more cards.” He pointed at you. “And you’re here. Once you step inside the utopia, there’s no going back. You’re ours now.”

Ours? What were you? Some kind of pet he kept because he wanted to?

“I was taken here.” You stated.

“Well there’s nothing you can do now.” He scoffed, “If you try to escape, we’ll…” He made a finger gun and pointed it at his head, an imitation of a gunshot came out of his mouth before he lifted his hand up as if he fired. He chuckled, the woman with black doing the same thing, “Sadly, we can’t take you in.”

“What do you mean?” You muttered. 

“But they will.” Just as he said those words, you heard the door open up. You looked at the door and saw four more people walk in, three men and a woman. Unlike the first four who came in, these guys were dressed in dark outfits and were carrying firearms.