01:09

Arisu came out of Hatter's office, his head aching from the alcohol he consumed while talking to the Number One.

He walked down the halls, heading back to his designated room in hopes to clear his mind from the alcohol. He was about to go inside when someone called him from behind.

"Hey," Someone called, making him look back and find out where the voice was coming from.

He looked back, seeing someone walking up to him, a gun and a can of beer and was also strikingly familiar.

"Newcomer, right?" You asked, standing a few feet away from him. He nodded, gulping a bit as he glanced at the gun in your hand.

"It's nice to see you alive." You exhaled, remembering the Five of Spades game you played with him. You remember how you were the first one he pushed down to avoid the bullets during your encounter with the horse head in the room near the symbols.

"Y-yeah, you too." He answered, noticing how different you looked from when he played the game. When he first saw you, you were dressed in office wear, and he also heard you having a conversation with your group, and judging by the conversation, the Five of Spades was your first game.

What happened for you to look so... different?

"Sorry for being harsh on you yesterday," You sighed, "And to the woman."

He shook his head, "No, I get it, you were just doing your job," He then sighed, "The only person I'm worried about is that guy."

You nodded, immediately knowing who he was talking about, "Yeah, he's a handful."

You didn't know why, but he seemed to have trusted you quickly that he nodded before he swung his door wide open and let you come inside. You smiled in return, sitting down on the couch beside the nightstand, setting your gun next to you and the drink on the table.

Boy, you really needed to stop ordering so many drinks.

Arisu sighed from where he was, closing the door and walking inside, "I talked to Hatter. He seems nice enough, but I don't trust him."

You raised an eyebrow, "Why not?"

Arisu gestured to a bottle of whiskey he was holding, "He gave me this. I think he's trying to bribe me or something."

You laughed, lifting your drink to show him, "Well, at least we can drink them together."

He chuckled, placing his bottle down next to yours before he sat down on his bed.

Arisu sat, thinking on whether to drink again when he just got out of Hatter's office. His head was practically spinning but who was he to refuse anyway, the ache would then go away in the morning.

He stood up and took two glass cups from the cabinets, before making his way back to you and setting them down the table. There were also more cans of beer by the cabinet along with bottles of water, he noticed.

You muttered a thanks to him as he set down the glasses on the table. Without a second thought, you reached for his bottle and poured its contents on your glass even though your own drink was still unfinished.

"So," You started, taking a sip before continuing, "What brings you to this... "utopia"?" You said, purposely making the last word sound different, following your thoughts. This place was no heaven.