01:10

God. The Beach was in shambles. When you got out of the room, it was still peaceful and quiet. But then seconds later there were gunfire and screams.

You held your weapon tight, you knew you had to be extra careful in wandering the halls, as your opponents all held firearms from the sound of it. Turning to another hall, you saw the bloodshed the militants did.

"Please!" A man cried, looking up at one of the militants who was pointing his gun at her. "Neither of us is the witch!"

Niragi suddenly showed up out of nowhere, shooting the man and then whispering something into his colleague's ear before going his way and leaving the both of them alone.

"Please, don't kill me." The woman shook her head, her wails affecting the man as he held his gun with shaky hands. "I'll do anything, please! I beg you!"

The man shook his head, "That is not human." He screamed, "It's not human!"

You watched from behind a wall as the militant shot him, her body immediately fell down the floor as he fired. You then decided to leave the scene, as charging at the man or revealing yourself would be useless since you didn't carry any firearm with you.

Bodies laid everywhere, the blood of the victims staining the floor and the walls, but you didn't let that bother you.

In every step you took, you kept your ears open, listening for any sign of danger. With the hotel flooded with militants who were killing everyone they suspected of being the witch, you couldn't afford getting caught.

As you reached another corner, you heard the sound of footsteps approaching. You quickly hid behind a wall again, and you couldn't help but think how many times you have done this as a hiding strategy, and how it works every single time.

You held your breath as militants passed by without noticing you. You let out a sigh of relief, only for it to be short-lived as you heard more of them coming from the opposite direction.

You realized you had been surrounded, with no way to run to. With no other options, you got off, brandishing your knife as the other militants closed in on you.

"Another one!" One of them shouted, raising his gun.

You didn't hesitate, you lunged forward. You caught him in surprise, slicing his throat open before he could even pull the trigger. The second militant quickly came after, but you were quicker, you managed to dodge the bullet and stick the knife in his chest.

You caught his gun before it fell on the floor, you slipped in into the holster you were still wearing and thanked whoever was listening that the militants didn't think to take it off before they left you alone in that room. You thought on whether to abandon your knife and keep the gun to yourself, but you sighed and decided to keep both just in case.

The sound of people running reached your ears again, and you used this opportunity to run as well, not knowing who's running to your direction. You heard more shouts after that, but you didn't look back. You focused on putting as much distance between yourself and your pursuers as possible.

-

"How unpleasant... why would they go so far just to survive?"

"There's no way they'll find the witch like this!"

Chishiya averted his gaze to look at Kuina who was watching the cameras scattered around the building, "The witch could be you, Kuina."

She looked back at him, her arms crossed, "The same goes for you." She sighed, looking at his smug look before looking at the footage again, "So she did that for nothing."