01:03

You haven't pulled your eyes away from the gun. Sleep didn't come and visit you. You stayed up all night wondering how long you can last in this world, last night's game made you think.

It was quiet, much more different than last night where you can almost feel the continuous and near gunshots damage your ear. Kenzo and Yua's sniffles and small sobs seemed to have died down too.

Right. That.

Last night, after you rushed down the building to find and meet up with your group, if they were alive, that is.

They were alive, but you were met with a teary-eyed Kenzo and a sobbing Yua. You asked them what happened, and then they revealed that Haru was killed, that he was one of the horse-heads you encountered. You couldn't help but feel bad for the two, you knew, despite only being with them for a couple of hours, that Haru was a close friend of theirs.

You didn't have any choice but to wait until they calm down, so you can go back to your 'base' with no problem.

"Still up?" Your peace was disturbed by a hoarse voice.

"You feel good now?" You looked at Kenzo, watching him as he sat down on the sofa, beside you. He nodded, "A little bit, yeah."

Silence once again filled the room. The gun set on the table in front of you, the magazine laying beside it. "The taggers," You started, but immediately regretted it when you noticed Kenzo's breath hitch, "They're players too."

"Yeah," He responded, voice still quiet, "People like us. People who want to live."

You sighed, "There was another tagger. An old woman, she was wearing a collar," You told him, the scene of her death repeating on your mind, "Her head exploded in front of us, and—"

"Maybe it's best for us to stay away from this subject." Kenzo spoke up, looking at you. "It's better if we just forget everything that happened last night. For the sake of our sanity."

You looked at him, opening your mouth to say something but closed it back up as fast.

He was right.

You stood up and left without a word. You needed to be prepared, you thought, no one knows what horrors await you in your next game.

-

You were all alone in the streets of what once a busy area. You were wandering around in an empty store (not too far from your base) while carrying a plastic bag and trying to find anything that could help you.

"Keep it, no one will know about this." You gasped, hearing a man walk inside the same store, you immediately hid behind the counter, hoping they wouldn't go in further inside.

"You sure?"

"Hell yeah," The same man from earlier said, "Who does Hatter think he is anyway? Some sort of god?"

Hatter?

They went inside the store, rummaging through the shelves and making more mess. You kept quiet behind the counter, even making your breathing lower as you didn't want to risk getting caught and possibly get killed.

"Hey, what if we leave?"

The noise they were making suddenly stopped.