01:01: To Live or To Die

"Sir? You have an appointment today."

You waited behind the glass door of your boss' office for a response, seconds pass and there were none, you knocked again.

"Sir?"

To your relief, you then heard a muffled voice on the other side of the door. "Come in," he said, and you opened the door to find him sitting at his desk, phone pressed to his ear.

You awkwardly stood there near his desk, hesitating. You didn't want to interrupt his conversation, but you knew you had to remind him of his meeting. "Sir, you have a meeting today, at 3pm," you repeated, trying to get his attention.

He looked up at you and nodded, a look of distraction on his face. "Yes, yes, I remember," he said, still talking on the phone but he did look at you for a brief moment, "I'll follow you in a bit."

Your gaze landed on the large window and noticed the sky. You went closer and looked out at the clear day, taking a moment to appreciate the beauty of the city below. It's been a while since you got the time to look outside like this, paperwork and handling your boss' appointments are sometimes too much to handle.

But your peace was short-lived. Suddenly, you heard a loud crash behind you, making you turn around quickly to see papers and documents scattered everywhere. You looked around, but there was no one in sight. The door was still closed, and you hadn't heard your boss's shoes making any noise as he left the room.

As you left the office, there were no people in sight. No traces of your co-workers anywhere. Only scattered documents and a few shattered mugs.

Confused, you went downstairs, your heart pounding in your chest. You searched every room and corner of the building, but there was no sign of anyone. It was as if the entire building had been abandoned in an instant.

Feeling a growing sense of panic, you rushed outside, hoping to find some answers. But the city outside was just as empty and abandoned as the building. There were no people to be seen, just abandoned cars and trash blowing in the wind.

You stood there, completely bewildered, trying to wrap your head around what was happening. Where has everyone gone?

You began to look around again, the feeling of uneasiness making its way back to you. You tried to reach for your phone, forgetting that your attire doesn't have any pockets, which meant you forgot it inside the building, along with your bag.

You were so focused on finding other living beings that you forgot your own personal belongings inside the building.

"Oh, thank goodness." You heard someone say, running up to you and hugging you.

"I- I'm sorry, do I know you?" You asked, awkwardly standing there wrapped in the arms of a total stranger. This person's hug was really tight, as if they'll die if they let go.

They pulled away after you patted their back, "I'm sorry, I'm just so glad I found another human." She sighed in relief, a smile spreading on her lips. You looked at her, nodding slightly, still not knowing what the hell was happening.

"You shouldn't run around and hug a total stranger like that." Someone else spoke from behind you, making you look at them and see two guys walking up to the both of you, "But I do agree, it is a relief to see another survivor."

"Survivor?" You repeated, looking between the three, "Hold on, do you know what the hell happened here?"

The woman looked at, what you assumed, her friends, then back to you, "It would be better if you come with us." She held her hand out, but you didn't take it.

"I don't even know who you are." You scoffed.

The tall man sighed, "Kenzo." He looked at the other two, "Yua and Haru."

You eyed them, introducing yourself at the same time. You knew you can't trust some strangers so easily, but at the same time, it's good to have someone with you at times like this.

They then offered you let them take you to the place they're currently staying at. To which you have no choice but to follow them since you didn't want to be all alone in the abandoned roads of Shibuya.

They did manage to provide you with everything they know, some of it being too much for you like these deadly games, visas, the lasers, and playing cards. Despite all these revelations, not a single thing is still known about this place.

What happened?

(an: REWRITING AHHHHH, IT FEELS SO GOOD HAVING ENOUGH MOTIVATION TO WRITE AGAIN, I MISSED THIS !! P.S IM GONNA BE CHANGING A LOT OF STUFF IN HERE SO WATCH OUT)