2

|Y/n|

I make my way back to my apartment and drop my mission envelope onto my bed.

I'll look at that once I'm done packing... I state to myself.

I go into my closet and grab some of the necessary items like my sleeping bag, some food, spare tools, and changes of clothes.

Throwing all of the items onto my bed, I sit down at the edge of it and take a glance at the mission summary.

"A simple escort mission with the chance of an ambush." I read. "Escorting a Hidden Hot Water Village painter to the Hidden Stone Village."

As I continue to skim through the mission guide, I don't find anything that stands out to me.

The mission states that I'll only be away on the mission for eight days and I'll have another Jonin ninja traveling with me.

It doesn't state who the Jonin is, just that I'll be accompanied by someone else.

I place the mission details back into the folder and place it into my backpack.

The items that are scattered all over my bed are now neatly folded and tucked neatly in my backpack.

I place my bag onto my back and make my way towards the village gates.

The sun is setting once I make it there.

There aren't that many people around the gate, so I should be able to find my teammate easily.

"Excuse me, are you assigned on a last minute mission?" I asked a nearby female ninja.

She looks at me and shakes her head before walking off.

I continue to ask around but everyone in the area says they aren't leaving on any missions today.

With a defeated sigh, I sit down on a nearby bench, take off my backpack, place it next to me, and lean my head into my left hand resting my elbow on my thigh.

"I guess if they don't show up I'll just leave on my own." I sigh. "Wouldn't be the first time I did an escort mission alone,"

I wait around for ten more minutes before getting up and placing my bag back on my back.

As I take a few steps forward I sense someone's chakra behind me.

I grab a kunai from my thigh pouch and turn around ready to attack.

I see a silver haired ninja standing there, book in hand.

"Hm?"

He hums before glancing at my kunai and placing his hands up in surrender, dropping his book in the process.

"Hey hey," he says calmly. "Don't attack me!"

His one visible eye closes and a bead of sweat rolls down his forehead. "I-I'm your temporary teammate for the mission!"

This could be the person I've been waiting for. Konohagakure is a huge place, I don't think I've seen every ninja before... I think to myself. Even so, I'm being extra cautious because it's night time!

I arch an eyebrow at the ninja and I look him up and down before looking into his dark black eyes.

I press my lips together in a thin line and squint my eyes at him.

"Where's your mission folder?"

"It's in my backpack!" He says his eye now open. "I can grab it for you if you'd like."

I nod my head and hold onto the kunai tighter.

The man grabs his folder from his backpack and opens it up for me to see.

"See?" He asked, his voice calm and low.

He points to the mission paper and I sigh and place my kunai back inside of my bag. The man places the mission folder back into his backpack.

"I'm Kakashi, Kakashi Hatake, and you are?"

I look up at Kakashi and he's standing there with an arm behind his neck and his eye closed again.

Since I can't see his face, I'm guessing he's smiling nervously behind that mask of his.

"Y/n." I reply simply as I clear my throat.

Kakashi points towards the village gates before speaking.

"Nice to meet you, Y/n. We should probably get going now."

——
Don't forget to:

Comment

Vote

Share