14

"All they have to do is take the bells from you?" I ask Kakashi as we walk toward the bridge, we told team seven we'd meet them at.

"Yeah. You just watch my back. I'm sure I don't need you to but just in case I'm underestimating them, you'll be there."

We make it to the bridge and Sakura is yelling at Naruto about something.

"Shut up, they're here." Sasuske states.

"I'm sorry Sasuske." Sakura mumbles.

Kakashi and I walk up to the team and they all quiet down.

"Sorry we're late, I had an errand to run." Kakashi states.

"You should really work on your time management skills Kakashi sensei, you're always late."

Kakashi glances at Sakura and then looks away from her ignoring her statement. He pulls out his Icha Icha book and starts walking away.

I stand there waiting for the rest of team 7 to walk but they all just stand there.

"Well, don't just stand there, follow me." Kakashi holds up his free hand and waves at us.

We all follow after Kakashi in silence.

I glance at my students.

Sasuke Uchiha...always quiet, mysterious, kinda emo boy vibes from him. Sakura Haruno... I don't know much about the girl but after reading her files, she seems like she needs to improve on a lot. Naruto Uzumaki...stronger than he knows, determined and hardworking. He would really make a wonderful hokage someday.

Before I know it, we reach our destination.

Kakashi stands front and center and holds up two silver bells that are attached to red strings.

"Today's topic is to get one of these bells from me and Y/n." Kakshi jingles the bells and then continues speaking as he tosses a bell to me. I easily catch the bell and hold it firmly in my hand.

"We're going to start after we say 'Ready, start'."

Naruto wiggles a kunai in his hand and gets ready to charge at Kakashi. Kakashi looks at the boy charging at him and remains calm. Quicker than I've ever seen a ninja move, Kakashi grabs Naruto by his wrist and pins his arm behind his head. He lets out a small scoff before speaking again.

"Don't get so hasty." Kakashi states.

"We didn't say 'start', yet." Me and Kakashi state in unison.

I stand there and watch Naruto walk towards Sasuke and Sakura.

"Y/n, why don't you do the honor?" Kakashi suggest with a smile.

I nod my head agreeing with him.

"Ready, start!" I state.

As soon as the words leave my lips, all three of the young ninjas jump away.

Kakashi and I stand there back-to-back. I sense all three of the Genin ninjas nearby.