0.33 | E.M

〖 EMPTY MARBLE

THE RENAISSANCE WAS ALWAYS depicted to be gorgeous. A sight a few generations of few eyes got to see. Humanity of Valarie's time was lucky to have preserved what pieces they had. While Valarie herself may have enjoyed post-impressionistic art more, she certainly took up the Doctor's invitation to go to the renaissance. Valarie leaned on the console across from him as he worked out the logistics of where and when during the time period they would go. She pursed her lips, entertaining a thought.

"Won't we stick out?" The Doctor looked up, and scrunched his brow.

"Stick out? You didn't seem to worry about that before." He half chuckled, recalling on the time spent in Shakespearean England with her and Martha. She did stick out then, with her bright colored shirt, brightly colored shoes, and also the sheer fact she wore pants. When he gained no response he looked back up at her again. She looked as if he hadn't answered her question; which he hadn't. "Yes, we will. As always." He finally replied. She didn't respond, but only slowly stalked around the console as she dragged her finger tips on the metal rim. She leaned next to him on her elbows, propping her chin on her knuckles and kicked her shoes around like a child waiting to ask a parent for a new toy. He looked to her again.

"What?" He asked, feeling like he knew the nature of the ensuing conversation.

"The TARDIS has infinite rooms, or as you've told me and from what I've explored already. So could there possibly be anyway there is...-" He sighed and straightened out.

"If you are asking me if I have anything for you to wear, the answer is down the hall, two lefts, and the big doors on the right side. There will probably be something in there." He answered. She gave him a wide, toothy grin as she took off that way. She tore through the halls and practically dove into the room. Almost an hour went by before she emerged again. There was such an array of choices, but Valarie struggled for the right one. She just couldn't find one that satisfied her thoroughly. When she finally reemerged, just as he began to wondering to go after her as it seemed she was lost.

The dress itself fit her well. It wasn't as constricting as some of the ones she found that had very tight corsets. It was pale blue in color and contained some white accents. It reached the floor, the sleeves hung snugly in the top of the arms and looser the further down they went. It's neckline was the plunging and square, with the midsection of the dress also fitting snugly in classic renaissance fashion. It was elegant, and would blend right in with the crowd. She smiled at him once she entered.

"Well?" She asked, giving a little turn to give the full image. She wore her hair half up and half down, being unsure of what hairstyles she could do that would fit in. In a way, she saw the opportunity to dress like the elegant princess from stories and she took it. He looked up from the grated floor and his eyes laid on her.

"Well, uh," the smartest man Valarie had ever met tripped over his own words. He scratched the back of his head as she approached him. He smiled. "Beautiful. You'll fit right in with all that art work." She smiled.

"There were some tights back there you know, if you wanted to-"

"No." He said sternly, her cracking a laugh at how quickly he shot the idea down. He then offered her his arm. She linked hers with his.

"Ready?"

"Always." They lead to the door, opening it to a busy side walk. People rushed past them, not many checking up in the warm sunlight to gaze at the two new strangers. He shut the TARDIS doors behind them.

"So, where do you want to go? What do you want to see?  When in Rome, well Venice actually, but you get my point." Valarie was taken back by the surroundings. They had arrived in what seemed a large square in the city, market stands made of wood stood with people offering goods. Fruits, vegetables, various meats and even livestock were for sale. She ended up pulling him along to the various booths, looking at all the options. Some even offered goods for free;everyone seemed to be slightly drunk, full of joy. Valarie received a fresh fig from a stand. She pulled it open, biting into the juicy fruit and humming in delight. She held a half up the Doctor's mouth, offering it. He rejected it at first, before finally taking a bite. Valarie held a hand under his mouth, laughing juice trickled from it and down his chin into her palm.