Pre-debut | 5 jackson wang

Start from the beginning

"They won't go to sleep." Jin sighed, rubbing his eyes. "We were going to have Hani over for ramyeon and a movie, but the kids saw Hani with a boy. I told them not to spy on her, of course they didn't listen. But guys—he hasn't left her room; it's been three hours and they're worried and so am I."

Yoongi scoffed. "It's not our business what she does with her own time. We all had a break today to do whatever. Did you text her?"

"That's not the point Yoongi-ah. What if he hurts her something?"

"He kissed her!"

"On the cheek, for the last time Taehyung! Stop being jealous."

"I am not," he crossed his arms, his square mouth forming into another pout.

"If you're going to ease drop just come out from the bedroom, we are supposed to talk things out as a group anyway." Namjoon called out.

The young group members shuffled out, piling around on the floor any seat they could find. Yoongi sat next to Hoseok, and Namjoon on the ledge of the arm. Jin stayed standing, while the others sat on the floor in front of their hyungs.

Taeyhung and Jimin described him while Namjoon thought long and hard for a moment. "It sounds like Jackson. I know they're close. Did you hear them talk? Was it Korean or English?" Knowing Jackson was more comfortable speaking in his native tongues.

"We were too far away to understand." Jimin said and Taehyung shrugged.

"You said he's still with her? JYP has a curfew for trainee's, right? Hold on..."  Namjoon pulled out his phone, calling him and put it on speaker.

"Yo---rapmon. What's up?" If weren't Jackson smooth, sleepy voice filtering through their dorm, you could hear a pin drop.

"Hey sorry, are you with Hani?"

"Oh shit—we fell asleep." His tone and posture now more awake. "Fuck--yeah, sorry. JB hyung is going to kill me.

"Namjoon released a sigh of relief.
"Are you still with her? Some of boys saw someone go into her dorm."

"Yeah, it's me. I am. She called wanting to meet."

"Do you mind coming over? You know our dorm is just down the hall."

"Yeah, hold on, give me a few minutes."
There was some shuffling over the phone before it hung up.

Jackson rubbed his eyes away, slithering out of the bed, trying not to disturb his friend from her sleepy state but no avail

Jackson rubbed his eyes away, slithering out of the bed, trying not to disturb his friend from her sleepy state but no avail. They'd spent the last few hours catching up and cuddling. The lack of warmth caused Hani to shift, weary eyes waking up in the dark.

"Hani-ah go back asleep. I need to go." He soothingly rubbed her cheek, kissing her forehead.

"Hmmm...," she pouted, softly whining, but understood.

"I know." He pecked her crown of
her head. "Call or text me anytime."

She nodded, resting her head back onto the pillow, another squeeze and soft peck goodbye lulling her back into her dreaming. "Thank you, Jackson..."

Shit—it was almost 12:30. He pulled his hair back into his black snapback, sniffing awake and tugged on his shoes. He had to stop Namjoon's dorm too.

 He had to stop Namjoon's dorm too

Shit. Everyone is awake. He stared wide-eyed as he greeted Namjoon with a hug and smile. "Is it because I'm with Hani?" He asked quietly in English, a little taken aback by everyone's staring before greeting everyone. Jin pulled out a chair for him, gesturing for him to sit in front everyone with all of them either side of him, it was kind of comically if it weren't for some of glares he was receiving.

He wanted to grin, he thought some of them would've murdered him right then and there, but he was glad more people cared about Hani, that they were protective. She needed that and he wouldn't always be there. 

"Sorry, Jackson." Namjoon patted his shoulder. "I like you man, but can you explain why you were in her dorm? She's a part of our group now, you know how it is."

Jackson cleared his throat and smiled. "No, it's cool. Hani called wanting to hangout. You know we're close since she used to be a part of JYP. We did nothing. I swear." He raised his hands up in defense. "I love her like a sister. We just caught up—she seemed to be really tired, like she had trouble sleeping. We cuddled after eating and just napped together, she really needed it—to be hugged."

Jackson knew Hani wasn't super close to the others yet, who could blame her honestly and she was already so slow to warm up to people, it had taken him forever to break her out her shell with him. And there were seven of them, all of them so different. The room was quiet, he wasn't sure how to approach what he wanted to say next.

"How much do you of know of Hani's past? Her family? Has she said anything about it?" he asked.

The members gave each other looks. Jimin clenched into fists inside his hoodie pockets.  Jin spoke first, eyes hard. "I met them once, their wealthy...not particularly nice, one of her sisters is a real class act." 

Namjoon continued, jaw tight. "I met her mother. She's real piece of work too. They're more than wealthy as far Bang PD explained, even threatened us with money and lawsuits."

Jackson licked his lips. "Listen, I can't speak for Hani, but she's told me enough, I've seen her hate herself over it. I know you're her group, so I'm telling you for a reason. Her family..." Jackson scowled, taking a deep breath. "They for whatever reason, hate her, okay? Do you understand why she's like that. She's never told me why, but I don't know how anyone...." His frown deepened. "You've seen her mother, some of you? Out in the open, when she thinks no one noticed. Can you imagine what she did to Hani when she lived in that house? Her family, everyone either turns a blind eye or is part of the problem."

The room was suddenly quiet, and Jackson sighed, fidgeting with his cap. "You guys are debuting soon, right? I'm going to tell you this as a friend," his tone serious, "because I can tell from her that both of you guys are struggling with forming a bond between each other. Hani will warm up to you, I promise. She's just cautious, she doesn't know how. But she needs a lot of love, affection, any sort of warm connection, she craves it but doesn't want to be a burden either. Please just be sweet to her and she'll be sweet back." He finished with a sad smile.

Thanks for all the votes and comments—those are fun to read!
Much love - 보라해 💜