17

[LEVI]

Erwin: I'll meet you at the town station x

The smallest smile crept on to my face when I read that. I've been drifting in and out of sleep overthinking about this outing. The morning felt as though I was in a time lapse video, everything going far too quickly and before I knew it, it's time to leave my house and strode to the subway station.

My 20 minutes walk there was fine. Although there's so much going through my mind. My coat's pretty warm yet my hands still trembling due to the nonexistent cold that I created on my own. Nervousness. My heart's thudding and everything around me felt brighter than usual.

As I passed through the ticket barrier I could already see what I predicted. It's the weekend and the platform was crowded with filth of humanity. They probably went shopping for Christmas presents even when it's still mid-November. People were jostling for position, peering down the line, scowling at each other and ignoring each other, all simultaneously.

Screwing up my nerves, I joined the throng and exhaled in relief as the train started to move. I fished out my phone so I would look less awkward and decided to send Erwin a message.

Levi: I'll be there soon x

I'm not usually the type of person who sent those 'x' and 'o' stuffs but with Erwin, I'll try to do something contemporary. Like Hange said, 'Developing a new feeling.'

A glow spread over me. It felt quite nice actually.

Later on, the train clanked and wobbled as it approached to an end. As it slowed down, it dawned on me that I had become one of those people who stood up before it came to a full stop - I hate these people. Stepping off the train and walking to the platform, my heart started to gallop even more and my pace quickened.

And there he was, standing outside the station, next to the steps just as we agreed. He's already looking at me by the time I spotted him, smiling in that way which made me feel like I could collapse if he did it more than ten seconds. Not to mention the outfit that he chose to wear: black turtle neck with beige overcoat as an outerwear and black slack pants. I couldn't help gazing at it from top to bottom. Very attractive.

"Can you guess where I'll be taking you?" He teased and I gave him an unimpressive look.

"No." I replied.

A frown etched on his face. "Take a guess."

"I don't know." I sighed. "But I know for sure it's not going to be a mall date."

His face brightened and I stopped breathing for a brief second. "At least you got that right. Come on!"

***

"The National Portrait Gallery?" I asked, staring up at the magnificent entrance to the building. The architecture was identical to Pantheon which I had always been a huge fan of that. Oh, how much I've dreamed to go here someday. They held an annual 'Portrait of The Year competition - arguably the best in the world. And finally 5 years later, I got to step inside of this palace. What an honour.

Erwin nodded. "The very one."

"How do you know I have a thing for portraits?" I turned to look at him, my nose scrunching. There was no entrance charge so we walked straight into the foyer of the grand building.

He returned my gaze with a smirk. "Well, you like arts, right? I already take a guess the moment I saw you drew me on your sketchbook." He said.