22

[LEVI]

It's been four days since the finals have started. I could answer most of the questions with a breeze and felt like he was on top of the game. I felt like I was the in those sci-fi where the main protagonist had to save the world because he was so goddamn smart. I couldn't believe I failed English 17 years of my life when in fact, the subject wasn't that hard. You can be amazingly clever, but if you're disadvantaged then there was a high chance that you would have issues with stress deregulation in your body.

I dropped my pen and glanced at the clock with a sigh. My lips formed a smirk when I realised that I finished with the paper about 10 minutes earlier than everyone else. The sun shone brightly outside, almost hitting my face with its radiation. Today was a blazing Friday in November and we'll be entering December soon, which will be Christmas and my birthday.

"Birthday?" That word didn't sound quite the fitting in my head. Birthday felt like a myth. You celebrate with your close ones for being old and being old is not fun at all. You will get all kinds of muscle pain, diseases and your back will slouch to a 90 degree.

My mind wandered if Erwin had anything to give to me. Surely he would, right? Erwin cared for me. Although these past four days, we haven't really spoke. At least not face to face with each other. We would seldom send text at night and that's that. Maybe I went a little too harsh on Erwin. Maybe I should just forgive him and move on.

"Fine. Maybe after this stupid exams."

However, apart of me still didn't want to admit the massive ego that I had, burying deep inside of my soul. It was like a wave constantly pulling me back into the ocean of amour propre which I had been stuck in for most of the time in my existence. It wasn't easy struggle away though, it had been one of my toxic traits.

Hopefully the blond would accept my flaws.

***

I managed to go through the day without any disturbance of Isabel or any homophobic freaks. The heat was extra hot once I got out from the building. Sweats would occasionally tickled down my face, even when I was wearing a thin layer of sweater. The blue in the sky was vivid and soft altogether but the breathtaking view didn't lend any help with my racing pulse, as if something bad was going to happen.

My feet dashed through the streets, boring my soles along the way. Few moments later, I reached my house escorted by heavy breathing. There's a kind of tired that needed a good night's sleep and another that needed so much more. However in my case, it was 'I need to get this motherfucker out of my head because I'm already stressed enough about school, I don't need him to add the burden'.

I got out the house keys in my pocket when I felt a hefty presence about 5 meters away from me. The exhaust halted just in time when I inserted the keys inside the doorknob. A shot of anxiety overtook me as I paralysed at the very spot. Yup, I was right. Something bad was going to happen. I was going to get kidnapped. I stared at the door, blank-faced. I willed my brain to turn to static, white noise.

I could sense the figure getting nearer. 8 feet. 6 feet. 5 feet. And stopped.

I released the hold of my keys over an agitated exhale. Slowly spinning my body around to meet their gaze, my posture stiffened when the individual in front of me stared back.

"Erwin." I said, my voice guarded. He was probably the last person I expected to meet today.

He smiled. "Hey."