26

"Ok, so guys. What are we going to do for Levi's birthday?" Hange's determined voice boomed inside the coffee house.

It was a cold Saturday morning. Confettis, socks hanging on the walls and wreaths adorned the Christmas atmosphere in the café. It looked really festive and colourful, making the building didn't look like its original vintage style. It was almost unrecognisable. The fireplace heated the air, giving a cozy vibe for the people in there. Erwin, Hange, Moblit, Furlan and Isabel were one of the earliest customers, because they wanted to discuss about how to surprise Levi on his special day.

"How about we go to his house and surprise him there? Like, we just came uninvited?" Moblit threw an idea, which some of them nodded in agreement.

Furlan snapped a finger. "That's kinda good but I'm thinking we get him out of the house first."

"Agreed." Isabel beamed. "In the meantime, we'll decorate the house until he got back."

Hange pursed her lips and considered for awhile. "Alright, so here how it goes; Erwin will take Levi out. I don't care, it could be anywhere. You guys are going on a lovely little date while the four of us prepare the cakes, the party and all of those stuff."

"That sounds wonderful." Erwin muttered under his breath and all of the sudden, everyone turned to look at him.

"But you need to get back as soon as one of us text or call you, okay?" Hange commanded. "No, freaky freaky."

Moblit chuckled in amusement. "What she meant was; you guys can do whatever you want. Just don't be late."

"O-Of course." Erwin's cheeks grew hot and he leaned back in his seat, earning a light cackle from the group.

Hange clapped her hands to dismiss the laughter. "Alright, guys. Make sure the presents are ready because ... Operation Levi's Birthday is on!"

***

They pulled up in front of Levi's house, parking far enough for the ravenette to not spot them. Erwin was the first one who got out of the car while others followed behind and stepped into the wintry landscape. Everywhere was covered with ice and the snows felt like feathered cushion. Erwin's breath pale against the numbing air as he thought of how to spend the time with Levi. He couldn't certainly bring him somewhere to eat since they were going to throw a party later. The choices were kind of limited, but Erwin shall make it worth it.

He took a deep breath before knocking on the door. Seconds later, the door opened to reveal Levi in his oversized sweater. He looked ghastly, possibly because of the weather. A soft smile crept onto his face and then without saying a word, they melted in each other's embrace.

"You should wear more layers. You can get hypothermia." Erwin hushed while caressing the ravenette's hair.

"I don't care about those whatever hypos." He complained. "Plus, you're here anyway. I already feel warm."

"What was that?"

"Nothing!" He exclaimed as he pushed the other slightly. "I mean - what are you doing here anyway?"

Erwin smiled. "I knew you're just going to sleep the whole day. So, I want to take you somewhere by force. A place where me and my father used to hang out during this winter time."

"Sleeping has never been in my dictionary." Levi rolled his eyes. And there was this lengthy pause. His arms folded in a way he usually did whenever he considered something, therefore the blond just stood there and said nothing.

He exhaled. "Alright." As he reached a hand to close the door, Erwin interfered in panic. Almost forgetting their secret plan.

"Wait! Are you not going to grab another jacket or something?"