16

[LEVI]

The soft and steady tapping of the rooftop awoken me from my sleep. My eyes fluttered open and I was sure that it was raining. Yet, my body felt warm and cosy which was odd in a cold weather. I tried to move but something stopped me. I turned my head to meet Erwin with his eyes closed. He's so still and quiet, I barely recognised him.

He looked really mesmeric when he sleeps. Strewn around his face, his blonde hair looked simultaneously wild and delicate. Honestly, I could watch him sleep for hours. The room was so soundless, the only thing I could hear was his breathing. I could easily lose myself in its rhythm and went to sleep myself, but I didn't. I preferred to stay awake and watched him.

As it hit me.

I was sleeping in Erwin's arms.
For two whole hours.

I jolted with the sudden realisation. Since when did this happened? My brain tried to recall the time; I lied about being sick and went home. Then, Erwin came to visit me with some painkillers and...

I told him about my mother. My past. My secret.

I felt like I was going to throw up. This nausea feeling swirling around my throat like a hurricane. I had to get up but my body was embraced by him in a protective manner and it wouldn't budge. Slowly, I grabbed his hand and pushed it away. However, I took the time to stare at it first. Gosh, it was so warm. Plus, it actually felt kinda nice to experience this type of affection.

This great pounding in my chest, this great pressure; every beat. I could hear it drumming in my ears and felt it on my skin. Fuck. Erwin gave this such impact to me and I didn't know if I should be happy or mad. He's distracting.

"Oi, Erwin." I cautiously scooted back. "Erwin, wake up."

His eyes flickered, a groan followed behind and that caught me off guard. He gazed at me with his glacial blue eyes. My heart beat in triple time.

"G-Get off from me you, idiot. You're heavy as fuck."

He smiled faintly and released me from his hold. To be honest, that actually made me a little sad. Why did he do that anyway? Obviously I didn't mean it. I rolled my eyes and sank in the couch, knees up to my chest. Erwin sat inches away, extending his arm along the back of the couch so that his fingers occasionally swept past my hair.

"How are you feeling, now?" He asked groggily while caressing his temple.

"Fine." I replied. "You should go back though, it's late."

"Oh, okay." He said, looking slightly disappointed. I guessed I offended him a bit. "It's raining however."

I scoffed. Goddammit, he's right. I glimpsed at the clock in front of me, the time read 6:16pm. I've started to feel more awkward, wondering how this was going to end. The roaring thunder outside was making it worse as my face drenched with anxiety. Before I even had the time to think about what I was saying, I suggested it.

"I'll take you there."

Absentmindedly, I stood up and went straight to the storage compartment. I ignored the confusion that was displayed on his face. The tiny room was pitch black but I managed to get what I wanted.

"Fuck. There's only one."

You done yet another amazing job, universe. Sighing, I picked up the thing and shut the door. I emerged back to the living room and saw that Erwin was looking out the window. Standing opposite of each other, all manners of thoughts started rapidly whooshing through my head. Do I thank him and hug him? Do I dare to get that close to him again without the feeling of wanting to faint?