♛ 𝟎𝟗. 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝

𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡

𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐝 [𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞] 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧, 𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝. ¹

the pouring rain eventually came to a stop and [name] removed her haori by lowering her arm, no longer sheltering Kanao. She took a good look then at the young girl, checking if she was drenched entirely, only to watch as she remained mostly dry.

"There, now you wouldn't fall sick," [name] spoke out with a soft smile and Kanao slowly nodded as she gripped the coin in her hand tightly then, not wanting to use it for now as she trusted the words that [name] speaks of.

She laughed to herself then as she looked at the three Hashiras, easily carrying the younger demon slayers. How Kyojuro continued to have a full-on conversation with Tanjiro who was barely awake now due to the injuries he had suffered.

How Sanemi muttered curses under his breath, wondering why he needed to help take care of these lower-ranked demon slayers when he could be back at the estate, resting and enjoying some alone time.

And then there was Giyuu who remained silent throughout. Which [name] was used to it, although he tends to bicker a whole lot, being more daring when Sabito and Makomo were present.

"Hakuryuu-san?" Kanao called out softly and [name] turned to look at her, trying her best to keep the gentle smile on her face then. Yet, her vision started to blur tremendously and Kanao noticed how unsteady her breathing was.

"Are you alright?" Kanao asked once more, that question alone caught the attention of the three Hashiras as they were nearing the Butterfly Estate. Where most of the kakushis were present to help aid with medical treatment.

They continued to walk with Kanao supporting [name] as much as she could, and soon they eventually reached the entrance of the Butterfly Estate, where the kakushis greeted them and welcomed them home.

[name] looked around, somehow trying to find a place for her to sit. But the moment she took a step forward, she fell forward as her eyes closed. Their eyes widened as [name] had lost conscious then and landed harshly on the ground.

"Hakuryuu-san!" the Hashiras yelled out after they managed to hand the lower-ranked demon slayers to the kakushis, for them to treat their wounds. Kyojuro immediately picked [name] up in his arms and took off running into the Butterfly Estate.

"Kocho!" he yelled out and both Kanae along with Shinobu walked out of their office to have a look at the commotion, and they felt someone tugging them harshly. They turned to look, their eyes widened at the frightened look on Kanao's face.