♛ 𝟎𝟐. 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭

𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭. 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝. ¹

"You seem to be in deep thoughts, Hakuryuu-san," and she turned to look, a gentle smile appearing on her face then as she looked at the Flower Hashira who had arrived at her estate to join her for some tea and snacks as always.

"I am," she answered as Kanae took a seat next to her. [name]'s pale purple eyes looked at her from head to toe then, earning a questioning look from the Flower Hashira, and her pink-tinted lips could only remain in a gentle smile.

"What are you thinking about?" Kanae asked, looking at the older woman that she had looked up to for quite some time now. Years had passed and she had become the Flower Hashira, with the Dragon Hashira often by her side, guiding her still.

But she noticed how many spoke about how much the Dragon Hashira had changed then. How her usual bubbly personality died down into someone much quieter and that she watches in silence, hardly speaking what's on her mind.

"Hm? Nothing much, sweetheart," she answered and reached out, gently ruffling her locks then as the gentle smile continued to remain on her face. Kanae had on a slight pout then as she continued to sip on the tea and soon let out a sigh.

"There is a new Hashira," she spoke out and [name] hummed in response then. Her pink-tinted lips pressed into a fine thin line then as she remembered the conversation she had with Oyakata-sama(Kagaya), in regards to the new Hashira.

"I heard," she answered.

"Hakuryuu-san!" and [name] turned to look together with Kanae as Kyojuro arrived with a beaming smile on his face as always, dressed in his training gear as he held the wooden swords out, [name] scratched her cheek a little and shook her head.

"Gomen, Kyojuro. I need to attend the Hashira meeting later," she pointed out and Kyojuro blinked his golden eyes a few times, nodding his head vigorously as he understood that [name] was busy.

"I'll train you after the meeting, okay?" she asked and Kyojuro nodded his head once more, which [name] could only smile gently in response as she stood up and walked over to him, ruffling him on the head as well.

"Hakuryuu-san, you look tired," Kyojuro pointed out and [name] could only smile softly as she shook her head a little then, and soon turned to look at Kanae as the crows started to flutter around the estate once more.

"Caw! Caw! The Hashira meeting will commence soon! A new Hashira has been appointed!" the crows announced and Kanae stood up after placing the teacup down and walked to where [name] was, where she easily linked her arm with hers, and [name] smiled as she gently patted Kanae's arm.