♛ 𝟎𝟔. 𝐑𝐞𝐡𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦, 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫

𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦, 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫. ¹

They gathered as [name] took the front as per usual. How the Hashiras were called in for another short meeting then as they waited patiently, ready to listen to what Oyakata-sama wishes to speak to them once more.

"Just as you all have reported, the demon's carnage has increased more than ever. Meaning that the threat to human life is greater than its ever been. We'll have to bolster the ranks of the Demon Slayers. What do you all think?" Oyakata-sama spoke out and [name] could only smile gently then, allowing the younger Hashiras to speak what's on their mind.

"The incident at the Natagumo Mountain made it crystal clear. Only us Hashiras are able to survive with such injuries," Sanemi muttered out slightly and soon continued to speak.

"If any of the lower-ranking demon slayers were to be the one deployed, they would have already died. Most of them are useless, the trainers must have been blind. You'd think they could at least tell if someone's competent or not," he added on with a scowl on his face, only to stop when [name] turned to look at him.

"Well, that kid sure seems competent. After all, he did land that flamboyant blow on you, Shinazugawa. He's got potential," and Sanemi had on a scowl once again.

"The more the human population increases, the harder it becomes to control and unify them. Not to mention that the times have changed considerably in this era," Shinobu spoke out with a smile.

"Other than those who've had their loved one brutally massacred, and joined the Corps, or those of distinguished pedigree who have hunted demons for generations, to ask anyone to harness as much or even greater resolve and drive to produce results would be cruel," Himejima added on as he placed his two large hands together.

"Still, considering that boy ran into a twelve kizuki so soon, he may have the power to draw them! Even we rarely get the chance to confront as many like him, it makes me envious!" and [name] paled at the way Kyojuro had spoken.

"Kyojuro... You sure do have a thing for an adrenaline rush," [name] spoke out.

"It is true! I envy that kid as well!" Sabito called out and Makomo could only let out a sigh, smacking him on the back of the head and he turned with a pout, whereas Kanae softly laughed at what was going on.

"Agreed. But the fact that Lower Moon Five made such a drastic move probably means that Muzan is nowhere near Natagumo Mountain. After all, as in the case of Asakusa, whenever Muzan wishes to hide something, he creates a clever diversion to throw us off," Oyakata-sama spoke out softly then.