♛ 𝟎𝟖. 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞

𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬, 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝

𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬, 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟. ¹

He knew he shouldn't be worried, given how she was an experienced demon slayer. Given how she was the Dragon Hashira then. But often he would get worried whenever she wrote to him about how she would be going on a mission.

And this time, she was on a mission together with Kyojuro.

"Haganezuka-san, are you alright?" Kozo asked as he looked at Hotaru who was re-reading [name]'s letter over and over again.

"Yeah," was all he had answered.

"Hakuryuu-san, you look exhausted," Kyojuro pointed out and [name] hummed in response then, clearly admitting to how exhausted she was. It was normal, given how she was on duty far longer than most of the demon slayers, and how age was catching up on her as well.

"It's normal for me to be exhausted, I can't move around that much as compared to you and the others," [name] pointed out as she turned behind to point towards where Sanemi and Giyuu were bickering.

"I think Hakuryuu-san is still young..." Kanao spoke out in a soft voice and [name] laughed softly, nodding her head as she was rather surprised that Kanao had agreed to go on the mission with her after Kanae had advised her to do so.

"But then, I do hope the way that Sanemi had spoken to Kagaya wasn't too rude," [name] pointed out as she slowly linked her arm with Kanao's. How they could only wonder why the Wind Hashira often received threats from a particular swordsmith.

Yet, he wondered why was it him once more.

I'll kill you if [name] is injured.

I'll make sure you don't live to see the next sunrise, you piece of shit!

You better be going on the mission with her you brat!

And sometimes he would ask Obanai why was he the one who receives it, which Obanai pointed out about the rumour that the Wind Hashira was rude to Oyakata-sama during his first Hashira Meeting. And thus, he became the 'victim' to Hotaru's threat.

And somehow, miraculously, Shinazugawa Sanemi was highly afraid of the swordsmith despite being the most hot-tempered Hashira to ever exist then.

"More like I got threatened again, Hakuryuu-san," he muttered out as he dragged Giyuu with him, who looked utterly confused then as he wasn't sure why he was on the mission. He was minding his business, until Sanemi had grabbed hold of him by the back of his red haori, bringing him to where Oyakata-sama was.