❀ Question ❀

On the day I graduated junior high, I was confessed to. I still haven't given my response. I thought about talking to Willow and Gus about it, but, they felt so far away. Like there was no one I could relate to or get a straight answer from. But then, I thought back to Amity's words.

"It's just that...no matter who confesses to me, I don't feel the need to go out with anyone."

Maybe, she's the one I should go to.

---

"Alright." I finish heating up the water, "Would you two prefer tea or coffee?" I asked the president and vice president.

"I'll go with tea, thanks." Amity replies. 

"I'll have a coffee." The vice president, Boscha says.

"Here you are." I pour hot coffee into a cup and hand it to Boscha. "Thanks." She replies and gently takes a sip.

"By the way, Amity, is it true someone confessed to you again?" I freeze up as I look over at the vice president.

"What?! Where did you hear that from?!" Amity's face turns red.

"Don't underestimate my sources." Boscha smirked, "In fact, I heard it from the rejectee himself."

"Are you serious?" Amity looked surprised.

"He's probably not embarrassed about it. You've already rejected over ten people since you started here." Boscha continues to sip her coffee.

She leans over to my ear and whispers, "You know, she's been confessed to by girls as well."

"Th-that sort of thing happens here?" I stutter. I didn't see very many same-sex relationships at junior high. 

"You didn't have to mention that!" Amity blushes with an angry expression. She looks like a cute little cat.

"Haven't you come across anyone you thought was kind of nice?" I ask Amity as I pour her tea.

She thinks about my question and makes a slight "hmm" sound, "I do feel bad whenever I reject someone, but I'm just never interested." 

"Any particular reason?" I look at her.

"There is no reason, that's just how it is." I just stare at her without a word.

"I mean, of all the times I've been confessed to, I've never felt my heart flutter." She looked at me and smiled.

Those words made my heart hurt. It's like I was back in junior high.

My hands flinched as a I gripped the pants I was wearing, "So, does that mean-"

"Excuse me!" A boy's voice interrupted the room. We all turned to face him.

"I'm interested in joining the student council." He said, gripping the bag on his side.

"Oh, another freshman?" Amity asked. She got up to go help him with his needs as I stood there, my question pushed to the back of my throat.

---