❀Just the three of us❀

Luz's POV

"Good morning!" Amity greeted us as we walked towards the auditorium, "Willow, thanks for coming."

"I'm glad to help." Willow smiled shyly.

"Why don't you stay overnight with us?" I asked Willow.

"I'm fine with just commuting." She responded unsurely.

"Good morning!" A boy's voice yelled from behind. We turned around to find Viney and Jerbo arriving shortly after us.

"Yo." Viney waved.

"Ah, you're all here! Welcome!" Eda greeted us, opening the doors to the place we would be staying, "Head to the student council room once you've dropped off your things."

I nodded and began to walk inside, but I was stopped in my tracks as a familiar girl stepped in my path. I tilted my head in confusion.

"I feel like it's been too long." Amity said with a bright smile plastered on her face.

I continued to look at her, confused, "It's only been ten days since we saw each other." I scratched the back of my head. Amity chuckled.

"I'm looking forward to spending three days with you." Amity said while smirking. I gulped.

---

We all sat in the student council room, rehearsing for the play.

"I can't recall anything. Not a thing about what kind of person I was." Amity said with passion while she read from the script.

I started to space out as I read the plot of the play. Amity's speech had been drowned out as I read intently.

The girl who lost her memories wants to learn about her former self. She asks the people who come to visit her about herself, but...

I snapped out of my trance while reading and began to pay attention to the rehearsal once again. Viney must've forgotten it was her turn to read when Jerbo had to slightly nudge her on the shoulder.

"Uh..Everyone relied on you. You were cheerful and kind to everyone. Uh...We're all waiting for you to come back!" Her acting was a bit stiff and she stuttered a couple times, but she has the spirit.

It was Jerbo's turn next, "You were rarely at home with the rest of the family, and I don't even remember the last time we had a real conversation." Jerbo's acting was much better.

"You were never like that in front of others, but with me, you were a crybaby, always looking for my attention." Boscha said with full confidence.

I continued to read the plot of the play to myself,

Each person describes a completely disparate person. Trying to regain her past, she decides to act each of them out. And with the day of her release from hospital approaching, she decides to choose one of her three selves.

A few minutes later, we had finally finished reciting our script, and it was time for Willow to look over it to see if it needed any revisions.

I walked over to the table where she was sitting and placed a Coca Cola next to her, "What's wrong?" I asked since she looked a bit stumped.

"Is this really the right way to end it?" She asked while looking over the end of the play.

"The protagonist ends up choosing who she was with her girlfriend, right?" I asked, unsure.

"Yeah. Something just doesn't feel right with that ending." Willow said as she leaned her head on top of her hand, "I'm not sure what's bothering me, though. Unlike your family and classmates, your partner is someone who chose to be with you, so choosing the girlfriend at the end... I guess it makes sense, I think." Willow grunted as she laid her head on the desk, closing her eyes.