❀ Stay just the way you are ❀

I really should look into this properly. I don't want to involve Willow and then have something bad happen.

"Found what you're looking for yet?" The teacher poked his head into the room.

"Oh, no." I said.

"What documents are you after?" He asked.

"Uh, ones from the student council seven years ago." I said.

"Seven years ago..." He was in deep thought.

"Nothing there?" He asked.

"No." I said.

-

I was now standing at the counter of the family bookstore and staring at the floor in deep thought.

I couldn't even find anything in the main building. But.. why? Could it be...

I started to type on my phone and send Amity a message, but something stopped me. I deleted the message before I could even finish it.

I really can't ask her directly.

"I'm home." My sister announced as she walked in.

"Oh, welcome back." I greeted her.

"Mom will be angry if she catches you glued to your phone instead of watching the store." My sister said.

"I know." I sighed. Before she left the room I asked her a favor, "Ria."

She turned around, "Yeah?"

"Didn't you say before that you work with someone who's an alumna of my school?" I asked.

"Yeah, what about her?" Ria asked, confused.

"How old is she?" I asked.

Ria thought for a moment, "She's three years older than me, so 24, maybe?"

I nodded and took a mental note.

We were now sitting at the dinner table.

"She replied." My sister said.

"What did she say?" I turned around eagerly waiting for an answer.

"The student council president at the time was... " Ria trailed off and showed me her phone.

It read, "The student council president at the time was Emira Blight."

-

"Yes, that's Amity Blight's older sister, Emira Blight." The teacher confirmed for me.

"Huh?" I said as I looked up in surprise, "But, Amity said she didn't have any siblings."

"Yes, not anymore." He said. It took me a moment to process that sentence, and what meant by "not anymore", but I eventually put together the pieces and figured it out.

He took his glasses off, "She passed away in a traffic accident."

I was shocked.

"In the fall seven years ago, right before the school festival. Everyone loved her, and we teachers relied on her a lot too. She was a good student council president, always playing a central role." He explained to me

"Then, the student council play..." I trailed off.

"It was canceled when the older Blight passed away, and they haven't held it since. Amity is just like her. I guess they're not sisters for nothing." He smiled as he finished.