Chapter 8

Chapter 8

It had been two weeks since Isabella started the role as a nanny in the Roxwell household, and she loved every minute of it, Carly was a delight to be around and the little girl had a natural gift in both singing and playing the piano which Isabella was looking forward to cultivate.

Most mornings, Isabella routinely helped Carly wake up, have a bath , get dressed, have breakfast and of course took her to kindergarten and when she came back in the afternoons, she helped her do her homework, fed her, and gave her music lessons.

Being with Carly wasn't as emotionally draining and tiring to her as her old job which she still sometime found herself missing. Since Isabella also started working at the mansion, she barely saw the Roxwell brothers, if they weren't grown men, she would have said they were trying their utmost best to avoid her.

"Miss Isabella, Could you please braid my hair into pig tails and add ribbons?" Carly Roxwell asked snapping Isabella out of her thoughts.

"Of course I can sweetie." Isabella replied as she brushed Carly's hair while the young girl sat perfectly still on her vanity table.

"Are you still going to take me shopping for a Halloween costume today?" Carly continued.

Isabella nodded her head in response, Carly had been going on about Halloween since she arrived at the household and was excited to have a woman shopping with her for her costume, apparently Mrs Woods didn't count because she hated Halloween and well the Roxwell men always dressed her up as princesses.

"I am so glad you're here now Miss Isabella." Carly said with an excited expression.

"So am I little one." Isabella replied wondering why she had never felt the need to start her own family until now.

"All done." Isabella said as she finished styling the young girl's hair, "Do you like it?"

Carly's eyes filled with happiness as she looked at the finished hair, she always wanted someone that could lovingly plait her hair and dress her up just like the other girls in her class had, and wished that the children in her class would stop t...

Carly's eyes filled with happiness as she looked at the finished hair, she always wanted someone that could lovingly plait her hair and dress her up just like the other girls in her class had, and wished that the children in her class would stop teasing her every day. She might have been young, but Carly knew she needed a mother, and that was the reason she snuck out from the toy store that day, one of the kids in her class had told her that they now had two mothers because his dad found a second one at the mall.

"I love it" The young girl said as she jumped into Isabella's arms.

"Come on sweetheart; let's get some food in that tiny stomach of yours." Isabella suggested as she tickled the young girl.

                           *************************

After dropping Carly off at kindergarten, Isabella found herself knocking on Austin Roxwell's door, she wasn't sure what the policy on buying Carly's things were and wanted to ask if she was meant to use her money and somehow claim it back from the men. She felt uncomfortable knocking on Austin's door, but as Brian Roxwell had been on holiday in the Swiss Alps for the last week, he was her second best option.

She knocked on the door for a few minutes until she heard a deep voice behind her, "He's not there, he had to go out on some business, what's the problem?"

Isabella unfortunately knew who the deep voice belonged to; he had barely said a word to her since she arrived at the house. Isabella slowly turned around to see the handsome brooding Aiden Roxwell staring at her.

"Why does he have to be so good-looking?" She internally asked herself, the man in front her looked devilishly handsome without even trying

 Isabella felt her heartbeat quicken and in hopes to not give Aiden a clue to how much he affected her, she let out an "Oh...." With a straight face.

Aiden Roxwell saw the blank expression Isabella used to respond to him, and for some reason it jabbed at his heart, he knew that she had a negative first impression of him, but did she have to be so obvious when he was around her? He had spent the last two weeks watching her from afar, and seeing her put the brightest smile he had ever seen on his daughter's face. He had spent the two weeks trying to gain control of his heart but it desperately wanted her, he knew she was the light at the end of the dark tunnel he called his heart, but was wanting someone he barely knew normal? Could he let another woman into his broken and lonely heart?

"I want to take Carly shopping for a Halloween costume; I wanted to ask if that's okay, and if I could have some money." Isabella informed him.

Aiden's eyes drifted to her soft lips as she spoke and he terribly wanted to kiss them; he however exercised self control and cleared his throat.

"How much do you think you'll need?" He finally managed to speak

"I'm planning on taking her for a mani pedi afterwards, and for some dessert." Isabella replied with a twinkle in her eyes.

"Here's my credit card." Aiden nodded as he gave her a platinum American express card, "You can spend as much as you like." He continued.

"Thank you sir." Isabella expressed as she looked at the expensive looking credit card.

She watched as Aiden walked away before he abruptly turned around, "Can I come too?" He inquired.

________Author's Notes_________

Who would have thought that Carly went mom hunting at the mall?

If you enjoyed the chapter, don't forget to vote ⭐⭐⭐ and comment.

Apologies if there are any typos, didn't have time to go through it.😓😓😓

___________________________