Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Isabella had spent a good ten minutes staring at her favourite makeup store, although she originally intended to treat herself to an item earlier on, she just couldn't bring herself to indulge in over priced makeup after the doctors told her that her mother's condition was worsening, and they needed more money to start her on a new drug trial.

Why couldn't the world just give her a break she thought to herself. The tears in her eyes were seconds away from falling out when a force bumped into her causing her to fall flat on the shopping mall's floor hitting her head.

"I'm really sorry; I didn't mean to bump into you." A beautiful young girl that looked no older than six said as her face hovered over Isabella. Isabella blinked twice in shock to make sure she wasn't dreaming before she mustered all the strength she could gather to push herself back up. Luckily there was an empty bench not too far from where she fell, so she staggered a few feet over to the wooden saviour to take a seat.

Isabella's head was still pounding from the impact of the fall, so she reached into her handbag that always carried pain killers and popped two tablets into her mouth. She closed her eyes hoping to regain her composure and desperately hoping the medication would kick in. After another twenty minutes, her eyes flicked open and as she looked downwards because her body felt heavier than usual, she saw the little girl from earlier taking a nap on her lap.

Isabella instantly froze; she did not know how to react to someone else's daughter that she had never met before sleeping on her lap in public. Panic flowed through her body, the situation was abnormal, how would she explain this to the police she thought. Was she going to get arrested?

Her line of thought suddenly changed from panic to worry, what was the little girl doing by herself? Where were her parents or guardians? Was she lost? Could she be running away from dangerous people? She needed to wake the girl up, but she looked so peaceful and innocent as she slept so Isabella did not want to wake her up. The best solution was to stay on the bench and stay still until her parents found her. She was sure the mall had cameras even if the police tried to lock her up, the cameras would prove her innocence. With that Isabella shut her eyes once more and fell asleep.

******

Austin Roxwell had two conflicting emotions fighting inside him, he was angry at Carly for running off like that, and he was worried that something happened to her. The world was simply not a safe place no matter how much people wished for it to be. He had already alarmed his brother Aiden who just landed at the airport of what happened and Aiden was currently on his way to the mall.

"That's her leaving the toy store!" His uncle shouted at the security guard who was showing them the footage of the mall, "Keep following her movements." His uncle urged the security guard. The men all watched as Carly darted through the mall clearly looking for something until she bumped into a lady who fell down. "Fast forward the footage." Brian Roxwell commanded, he soon witnessed the lady sitting down, popping tablets, and dozing off.

"She looks familiar." Brian said looking into the camera.

"No time for that uncle." Austin responded, he looked over at the security guard and asked where the woman was located. After getting the information he needed, Austin ran out of the CCTV control room and made his way to the lower level of the mall where he saw his niece and a beautiful stranger napping.

"What was Carly thinking?" He said as his uncle finally caught up to him.

"That's her!" His uncle said catching his breath, "That's Isabella Crane, the lady I suggested for the nanny position."

"She looks stunning." Austin heard himself say, he could not believe he had never seen her before, her shinning black hair was perfectly curled, the bright red lipstick she wore complemented her skin beautifully , her face was soft and soothing, and her eyelashes were long and filled with warmth.

She was the first woman that had caught his eyes in a long while and he instantly knew that this woman would certainly catch his brother's eyes too.

"I am going to let Aiden know that we found her." Austin said looking at his uncle.

His uncle nodded "I will get the trouble maker her new IPad and carry our shopping to the car. You stay here and watch over them."

Austin Roxwell watched Isabella and his niece sleep like they had no troubles in the world, the more he watched them, the more he thought how great it would be for Carly to have a new stepmom that she adored.

An hour later,  just as Austin was about to wake the two up,  he saw  Aiden walk up to his daughter and Isabella with a very irritated look .

Austin witnessed as his brother tapped Isabella awake and growled "Who do you think you are?!"

_______Author's Note_______

Which is your favourite brother so far?

If you liked the chapter, don't forget to vote ⭐⭐⭐ and comment.

_________________________