Chapter 39: A Royal Ball

Beginne am Anfang

"You guys really think so?"

"Yes. One hundred per cent yes. Now... now that, that's taken care of, Ray please tell me the story of how you and Zoran got together,"

Ray smiled eagerly, "Well it all started out when..." she began retelling the story that I had heard about a hundred times. I happily listened but also began thinking about what my life had become since coming to Narnia and daydreamed a bit.

A couple of hours later and lots of girl talk, we were finally ready for the ball. We all stood in front of Ray's big mirror looking at ourselves double-checking that we looked perfect. Ray had her hair in a braided crown bun for the top half of her hair and the rest of it was down but curled. She was wearing a two-piece dress where the top was sparkling with diamonds and the bottom was pink chiffon so it was light and flowy. She had opted to wear a more neutral makeup look with a bit of sparkle since the jewellery she wore matched her crown. Her shoes were heels that also looked a bit like Roman sandals.

Ariana wore a light blue dress with butterflies on it and it was technically sleeveless but it had a cape-like sleeve thing going on that was see-through

Ariana wore a light blue dress with butterflies on it and it was technically sleeveless but it had a cape-like sleeve thing going on that was see-through. She also wore white shoes that had silver vines going up the heel. Her hair and makeup matched the dress perfectly. Her hair was in an updo that let some of her hair hang out in the back and her make up was a neutral look with a few blue undertones to it. She truly looked like a queen.

I, on the other hand, had decided to wear a blue and yellow dress (play song 25)

I, on the other hand, had decided to wear a blue and yellow dress (play song 25). The top of the dress was yellow and had long lace sleeves and that lace ran down onto the royal but almost navy skirt part of the dress. The end of the dress had the same yellow floral lace around the bottom of the skirt. It looked like vines climbing up a blue wall. I wore black heels that had butterfly wings to match the dress. My hair was in a bun with a braid crown but a couple of strands were left out to shape my face. I had gone for more of a smoke look with my makeup with winged eyeliner and dark red lipstick.

 I had gone for more of a smoke look with my makeup with winged eyeliner and dark red lipstick

By the time we reached the ballroom, the party was already in full swing. The ballroom looked amazing with flowers and all sorts of decorations everywhere. The boys were waiting for us at the bottom of the stairs. They all looked like deer caught in headlight and Justin was laughing at them. "Oh man, I wish I had a camera right now, your faces are priceless,"

"Haha very funny Justin. But seriously you all look absolutely beautiful Ray. That dress is amazing," Zoran said as he took her hand and led her to the dance floor. All the boys were wearing classic tuxedos that matched our dresses perfectly.

Patrick walked up to me and kissed my hand, "I honestly don't have words right now. I mean, wow. Just wow,"

I giggled and blushed. I kissed his cheek, "You don't look too bad yourself. Shall we dance?"

"Yeah sure," Patrick said while smiling. As we walked to the dance floor he whispered in my ear, "I thought you didn't want to show off our relationship for the sake of Edmund,"

We started to dance as I responded, "I realised that hiding what we have would be living a lie and I don't want to do that. So I'm done hiding us, I just want to be happy and that's what Edmund wanted for me. Being with you makes me happy so that's what I'm going to do,"

Patrick then spun me around so I was right against his chest. "Well then I guess you won't mind if I do this," he then dipped me and kissed the daylights out of me. I kissed him back with as much passion as I could. When we broke apart, I was out of breath but grinning ear to ear. We kept dancing. I looked around and saw that everyone was watching all of us dance. The only pairs on the dance floor at the moment were Patrick and me, Ray and Zoran, and Ariana and Jackson. Everyone else was just happily watching us. I looked over at Jackson and Ariana and saw how happy they looked and how in love they were. Ariana was currently laughing at something Jackson had said. Ray and Zoran were so into the dance and each other they seemed to not care about anything else at the moment.

Patrick and I were spinning around and dancing reasonably well. I was surprised. "What's going on in that head of yours?" asked Patrick

"Nothing really. Just admiring how happy everyone looks and how crazy it is that we're all here right now. It's nice,"

"Yes, it is," We went back to just dancing with each without a care in the world. It was just him and I at that moment. Just then we heard the DJ announce to everyone that the dance floor was open to all and for the party to get started. I laughed as Patrick spun me around so I was leaning up against him. The party went from couples waltzing to a club scene in a matter of minutes. Not that anyone minded, it was just funny to see who quick people were to change the pace of the party. I was either dancing with Patrick or grinding up against him. It was a mixture of both. I couldn't stop laughing or smiling while we were dancing. I was having so much fun. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jackson and Ariana all over each other but, by now they each had had a few drinks.

After a while, Patrick and I stopped dancing to have a few drinks. I loved the fact that I didn't have to drive, so I opted to get as drunk as I wanted to. He brought me some whisky and I stood with him watching everyone partying like the night's never going to end. "Everyone seems so happy, don't you think?" asked Patrick as he downed his drink

"Yes, they do. Honestly, who knew Jackson and Ariana could dance like that,"

Patrick laughed at that, "Well, to be honest, I wasn't sure I could dance that well either,"

"We learn something new every day. Now let's get back on that dance floor before Zoran spots me by the bar and I get a drunken lecture from him,"

Patrick chuckled and shook his head. He grabbed my hand to lead me back to the dance floor but I felt a tap on my shoulder. We both turned around, "Your majesties, would you mind if I steal Queen Anna away for a few minutes?"

It was Edmund who had spoken. I turned and looked at Patrick to get a sense of what he felt about it. He nodded as he said "Yes of course, just don't keep her too long. I would like a few more dances with her before the night is up,"

I smiled back at Patrick and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I see you in a bit then. Please don't get too drunk while I'm away,"

"I make no such promises," Patrick raised his glass as he walked away.

I rolled my eyes before turning back to Edmund. "Now, where are we going Ed?"

"You'll just have to wait and see. I won't keep you too long," I then followed him out of the ballroom to wherever he wanted to take me.