09. a kidnapping!

-

◜                                                  ◝09

◜ ◝
09. a kidnapping!
◟ ◞

˖⁺ 🕷⋆ ୭ ⛓ .⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

LORELAI WOKE UP TO Edgar walking all over her legs. The little pug had been let into her room at some point during the morning; his little claws had scratched on the white wood of the door until Felix reluctantly let him in. Now he stood on Lorelei's left thigh, his beady black eyes staring the girl down with an expression she could only describe as boredom and concealed murderous intent. He wanted a treat, Lorelai supposed.

Her head rolled to the side and looked over to her window. Light just barely escaped the gap between her blackout curtains and the wall, giving the dark window a warm grey outline. Everything felt still, as if someone had pressed pause on life. No noise could be heard from downstairs, or even down the hall where Felix's recording room sat. The normal noise that occupied the Kjellberg house was gone, and it felt oddly calming. No screaming Felix, no screaming Marzia, and no screaming pugs.

Soft grumbles perked Lorelai's attention, her gazing falling on the phone that sat a few inches away from her head. Her phone lit up the room more than her windows, and as Lorelai's eyes adjusted to the light, she could see the timer on her and Corpse's call at a much higher number than it had been when she last looked at it.

Had they been on call for nine and a half hours? Lorelai knew immediately that she had fallen asleep during the call, but that didn't explain why Corpse didn't hang up. Didn't he have better things to do? Had he forgotten he was on call, maybe, and continued living his life without a care?

"Corpse?" Lorelai croaked, the sleep in her voice catching her off guard. She coughed twice to clear it away, to which Edgar gave her a disgusted look and walked down to her feet.

"Morning," he answered.

Lorelai paused before stating, "you didn't hang up."

"I didn't," he confirmed.

"Why?"

Lorelai could hear Corpse type something on the other side of the call before answering, "you seemed relaxed. It was peaceful."

Small dashes of pink painted Lorelai's cheeks. "What did you do for nine hours?"

"I took a nap," he said. "Now I'm editing. Not much really."

He took a nap? Lorelai quickly checked the time on her phone to confirm she was right. Corpse was eight hours behind her, meaning that his nap had happened between seven in the evening and four in the morning. He really wasn't kidding when he said he had a bad sleep schedule.