12. radio silence

-

◜                                                  ◝12

◜ ◝
12. radio silence
◟ ◞

˖⁺ 🕷⋆ ୭ ⛓ .⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

ALL CORPSE FELT WAS REGRET. When he woke up the afternoon after calling Lorelai, he felt instant remorse flood his body. He had made a grave mistake, hadn't he? He had been too drunk and too scared, and because of that, he had also freaked out Lorelai. Thousands of scenes of Lorelai telling Felix and Marzia what a loser Corpse is had been playing in his mind like a movie theater ever since he woke up.

That afternoon, he spent time cleaning things up. He cleaned the wine off of his tile, swallowed some pain relievers to help with his pounding headache, and tossed the red splotched tee he had been wearing into the far corner of his bedroom. There was no hope of getting the hours-old stain out of the white tee, but he didn't necessarily want to get rid of the shirt either. Surely, he could find a use for it someday.

He unloaded the groceries he had left sitting on his counter, making sure to throw away the carton of milk now that it reeked a foul stench and had floating chunks bobbing up to the surface. Corpse would have to make due without milk until whenever he went grocery shopping next. One thing was for certain, he would have to find a new grocery store. He didn't care if it took hours to drive there; Corpse would frequent a new store.

Cleaning his apartment had made Corpse feel a little better. The nagging regret still lingered in his mind, so he had made sure to stay off of his phone and not check any of his socials. He hadn't even turned on his computer out of fear of finding a Discord message telling him just how weird he was from Lorelai. Nowhere in his mind did he feel like he was overreacting, although one day it would become so apparent that he was.

All of this led him to where he is now, sitting on his couch, lazily watching Black Butler to help distract himself. Corpse had watched and re-watched the show a dozen times over, but it was comforting, in a way, to know what was going to happen when.

Corpse looks to his side, eyes catching on the clock on his oven. How was it already ten? He could have sworn it hadn't been that long since he woke up.

The minute number changes from a five to a six, and Corpse stands up. He needs food. For the first time in a while, he was starving, and it wasn't the starving where he knew he was going to feel like shit after eating.

Maybe he's being overly cocky, but Corpse grabs his landline and orders pizza. Pizza was one of the foods that Corpse was always told would make his GERD worse, along with other fast foods and overly sugary items. Unfortunately for him, Corpse was always craving pizza. All of the time. Usually he would regret ordering pizza out of fear his condition would get a lot worse, but today he feels good. Anyways, he needs this pizza. Overthinking his call with Lorelai had really drained him out mentally, psychically, and emotionally.