13. viritual miscarriage hug

-

◜                                                  ◝13

◜ ◝
13. virtual miscarriage hug
◟ ◞

˖⁺ 🕷⋆ ୭ ⛓ .⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

"AND I REALLY WANNA MAKE sure you're okay," Lorelai's voice continues. Corpse buries his head deeper into his hands. "I don't know if I'm overreacting or being clingy or something, but our last conversation made me nervous and I want to know if you're alright. Please call me back this time."

So, Corpse had fucked up. As of the moment, he's not sure how he fucked up, but he knows that he did, because Lorelai sounded anxious in her voicemail, not disgusted or weirded out. Had he misread the situation?

His finger hovers over the call button, before he finally gathers his courage, pushes it down, and holds his phone up to his ear. He couldn't run from talking to her. If he had misread the conversation, then he needed to know, and if she was disturbed by him, he needed to know.

It barely rings once before Lorelai picks up. Her breath hitches softly enough to where it's barely noticeable, but Corpse can hear her surprise.

"You called," she states, as if it's the most shocking thing in the world.

"I called," he echoes. "I think we need to talk."

Lorelai nods vigorously on her end of the line. She was sat on the living room couch, Edgar and Maya curled up in between her legs, Felix and Marzia asleep upstairs, and some random Studio Ghibli movie paused on the television. In all honesty, she did not expect Corpse to call her back. Not so suddenly, at least. It had only been a few hours since she left him a voicemail saying just why she needed to hear his voice so bad.

"I'm sorry that I called you that night," he states. "I'm sorry if that weirded you out or anything. I get it if it did. I'm really sorry. If you don't want to talk anymore or anything, then I can do that."

Lorelai's eyes widen in shock and confusion. "Corpse, no, God no. I want to keep talking to you. You didn't weird me out at all."

"It's just a lot to lay on you at once," he continues, "especially when I've called you like that before, when I had that Zoom, and I'm sorry."

"You don't need to apologize," Lorelai says, eyebrows furrowed together. "I called you after that AOC game when I was a nervous mess. This isn't one sided."

Corpse looks out across the harbor from his trashy plastic balcony chair. "I don't want to burden you."

"You could never burden me," Lorelai replies with an underlaying sentiment that seems too raw. "Jack told me that the reason we stuck together during the AOC games was because we both didn't like new environments with lots of people we don't know. Maybe that applies to life too."