07. the studious lisabo desk

-

◜                                                  ◝07

07. the studious lisabo desk
◟                                                  ◞

˖⁺ 🕷⋆ ୭ ⛓ .⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

IMESSAGE !
16:46
direct messages between corpse and lorelai

hey could i call you right now?

yeah sure
what about?

waiting for a zoom to start
need to talk to someone so i
don't overly stress myself out

alright of course yeah

IMESSAGE !
16:47

INCOMING CALL FROM corpse !
ACCEPT DECLINE

"Hello!" Lorelai exclaimed, putting the call on speaker and setting her phone back down on her desktop. On her monitor sat one of the many random quizzes she had been doing for the past hour, and she read the next question as she waited for Corpse's response.

"Hi," he answered, his voice sounding strained and tired through the static on his side of the phone.

"How ya doing?" Lorelai asked.

She could hear Corpse take a deep breath on the other side of the call. "Little stressed, but overall fine."

"You can vent to me if you'd like or I can just ramble to take your mind off of whatever is bothering you," Lorelai suggested. She smiled, thinking about all of the times Marzia had said that when she would call her crying as a teenager. "It's your choice."

"Can you just keep talking?"

There was an urgent pleading tone behind his words, and a wave of empathy hit Lorelai like a tsunami. "Of course I can. Oh! So I've been taking quizzes all day and according to Buzzfeed, I belong in the first Twilight movie."

"Do you now?" Corpse asked.

Lorelai nodded happily on her side of the call even though Corpse couldn't see her. "For how bad Twilight is, I watch the movies way too much. I think it's cause of the baseball scene. It's so cool and for what?"

"I haven't seen Twilight," Corpse confessed.

"Really?" Lorelai's jaw dropped. "It's somehow both terrible and amazing."

Corpse hummed in response. "What quiz are you taking now?"

Lorelai looked up at the quiz title on top of her screen. "I'm taking a love language quiz. Almost done with it, actually."