Vii:Seeing Grey

Achromatopsia Colour Blindness:
Total absence of colour only being able to see black, white and grey.
________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up to a very cold, dark room still being wrapped in the silky black blanket that matched the scenery. I rubbed my eyes as my vision began to look hazy, still adjust to the lack of light in the room.

" If your gonna live with us, you'll have to get used to living in the dark"

George's words rang like bells in my head, if I wanna live here I guess I have to get used to the lack of sunlight. I put a finger up to my chin thinking, or do?

If I wanna become the light in their lives I have to at least start with some. I looked at the thick black curtains that covered the room well to not let any sunlight seep in, aha! I quickly got to my feet feeling myself get a bit light headed, curse you iron deficiency. Once I gained balance again I began to walk up to the big black curtains sliding them a bit to reveal the grey cloudy sky. I frowned but my mood was elevated when I saw the amount of snow out in the garden. It was layered so smoothly even if it was just a really thin layer of snow maybe an inch or 2 I was still able to make out some beautifully poinsettia's and some primroses laid in a bed of soil hidden beneath the snow.

I looked at the flowers in aww they were beautiful, maybe I should take the cranky leeches out into the snow and show them the lovely garden they have in the back. No, that'd be silly but it's worth the shot. I sighed seeing my breathe, wow they must really not like the much at all.

I decided to go down the massive railed staircases being careful not to trip making a fool out of myself even more. The air smelled heavenly a scent only the small bakery I worked at had this kind of smell, my mouth began to water and my stomach grumbled. I rushed down the stairs following the smell of whatever lingered in the air coming into a fairly large kitchen.

Techno looked up from his freshly made muffins chocolate covering both corners of his mouth as he gave me a big teethe smile, I chuckled seeing how childish he looked.

"Finally awake I see" George said putting his cup of tea down and smacking his lips giving a satisfying sigh. I nodded seeing as Sapnap was across from Techno and the fella from the front gates sat a few seats away from techno, they both took their attention away from their food to look up and wave at me, I waved back and took a seat that was one away from Sapnap giving us space.

"Ahh right I had told Sapnap to fetch Phil some of these goodies from your village" George spoke clearing his throat and looking at everyone munch away. I took one muffin that sat in the middle of the table taking a bite, I looked at George to see his pate was wiped out clean. I couldn't tell if he had just been one hell of a clean eater or that he had eaten nothing at all.

"Hey George you gonna eat?" I could barely form that sentence with the stuffiness of my mouth as food took over. He took another sip of his tea and snickered a bit.

"Have your parents taught you no manner? It is considered rude to speak when your mouth is full" I gulped up the dry and moist substance, it went down my throat a bit harsh and I quickly chugged my water not wanting to choke.

"My parents died when I was young" I set the glass down looking at everyone un bothered.

'I have heard stories about them though, they seemed to be so bad ass when it came to hunting down those e-class vampires" than it hit me I was part of a hunters family not knowing until now.

"That's why your face had looked so familiar my father knew your parents" George stirred his tea.

"No wonder your face and blood had looked so familiar let alone your last name isn't that right, Clay Ashworth?" George stopped stirring and everyone had stopped eating wanting to listen in on where this conversation me and George are having would lead too.