Chapter 14 - SUSHI NIGHT

As agreed, Valentina soon moved to Juliana's apartment for good. In fact, she didn't have much to take, since she was in Rio de Janeiro just passing through.

And the following weeks passed in the blink of an eye. Everything was so stupidly natural, as if they had already shared a lifetime together. And Miguel was no different. He adapted very quickly to that new routine for three

A month has passed. They enjoyed many moments together. They traveled to the beach on weekends, had breakfast together almost every day. Walks in the parks, many trips to the cinema, and many more cinemas at home. Valentina did not have to struggle to care for Miguel as if it had also become her responsibility. She did it with the greatest naturalness and satisfaction in the world. And, even if unconsciously, her presence was extremely important for Juliana's adaptation to this new life with new responsibilities. Everything just got easier.

The second month sharing the same home passed as fast as the first. They remained on the same wavelength. Like an eternal honeymoon. And even the disagreements, in the very few times that they happened, were so natural and simply strengthened more and more the bond that formed between them.

They were already entering the third month together. Weeks were starkly lit. They did everything together. They had a truly familiar routine with Miguel, but they were also able to have their private moments and enjoy each other's company. They talked about everything.

Only one subject was forbidden.

Valentina's return to her hometown.

They signed a silent agreement not to raise this issue. It just wasn't talked about. They chose to pretend that those little more than three months would be eternal. Perhaps it was not the best solution. But it was the best solution they found at the moment.

There was only three weeks left to end Valentina's stay in Rio. Well, at least for Teacher Carlos to resume classes that were under her temporary command.

V: Hi Cláudia, how are you? - Valentina nodded sympathetically to Claudia, who had picked up her son at the swimming class.

C: Hi Valentina! It's all right! - Cláudia corresponded the sympathy

V: I really wanted to talk to you. - Valentina said approaching.

C: Of course. Darling, wait for me there for a while and I'll be going - even without knowing what it was about, she replied kindly, instructing her son to wait at the gym's front door so as not to participate in the conversation.

V: Yeah... sorry, I'm even embarrassed to talk, but I don't have any contact with any other mother around here... - began Valentina visibly embarrassed - Would you mind if Miguel went to sleep at your house tomorrow?

C: Oh! Of course not! I love that boy. Yes, he can go, with great pleasure! Rafa will love it! But ... is everything okay with Juliana?

V: Yes, yes. It's OK. It's just... - Valentina seemed even more nervous without knowing what justification to present.

C: Alright Valentina, I know that ... you are ... together. - said Claudia, realizing the reasons behind Valentina's embarrassment, and making it clear, again in the most gentle way possible, that she was a friend they could count on.

Despite such kindness and affection from little Rafael's mother, Valentina remained a little ashamed.

V: Ah... is that... well, we know that not all parents take it easy, so... we try to be as discreet as possible. I just wanted to prepare a surprise for her tomorrow. - continued Valentina, still embarrassed.