2

• 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 •

When the last period ended that day, agad akong pumunta sa locker kung saan natagpuan ko si Sharmaine na nagpapalit ng kanyang damit.

"Hi." she greeted as she slowly took off her clothes. Agad naman din akong lumayo ng tingin at nagsimula naring magpalit ng damit.

𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘣𝘪𝘨.

"Bonnie, if you don't mind me asking, why do you keep on transferring schools?" she asked out of the blue.

I got stunned by the question since nobody really asks me such thing when I transfer schools. Sharmaine noticed my surprised look and immediately bowed her head and apologized.

"I'm... I'm very sorry. Okay lang kung hindi mo sasagutin, I just got curious dahil sa record mo. "

"Oh its fine, it's nothing serious. I'm always transferring schools dahil sa trabaho ng Dad ko na nagrerequire ng paglipat lipat ng lugar." I answered her as if it was a question which I was used to answering.

"I'm surprised you asked. " dagdag ko pa bago ko sinirado ang aking locker. Sharmaine, on the other hand, heave a deep breath that made me chuckle a little.

"So why did you chose to give managing a volleyball team a try? " tanong niya ulit habang nilakad namin ang daan patungong gymnasium.

"I joined different clubs every time I transfer a new school and got bored eventually. I really don't know what drove me to join this club but all I know is I haven't been this excited"

The both of us went silent until we arrived at the gymnasium's door. Ngunit bago pa kami makapasok ay agad kaming nakarinig ng isang maingay na boses.

"BONNIE!!! SHARMAINE!!!! " tawag ng isang pamilyar ba boses. Agad kaming napalingon sa pinanggalingan at nakita ang dalawang lalaki na basang basa sa pawis.

"Hi Shayne. " I greeted with a genuine smile. I was about to greet Tobias when he suddenly went inside without even saying a single word. He looked gloomy as he was yesterday, I wonder if that's how he looks like all the time.

"Want to join me jogging?" he asked, still panting heavily, that clearly states na hindi jogging lang ang ginawa niya. I just shook my head and followed Sharmaine who was inside already.

I grabbed two clean towels and filled two bottles with water. Binigyan ko ng tigiisa si Shayne and was about to give Tobias too when Shayne suddenly stopped me.

" Sakin na. Ako na magbibigay, maarte kasi 'yan. " he said and let out a chuckle. I just thanked him and went away to help Sharmaine set up the net.

Agad din naman kumuha ng bola si Shayne matapos ayusin namin ang net.

"Yow Marti, come here. I'll toss to you. " tawag kaagad nito sa lalaking nasa kabila ng gym na nagwa-warm up

" I told you to not call me Marti. "

With a crumpled forehead, he went to where Shayne was standing and jabbed him on the side of his stomach. Agad din namang napasigaw si Shayne at muntikan nang masuntok si Tobias.

Hinayaan ko nalang ang dalawa at babalik na sa pagtulong kay Sharmaine when I noticed she was nowhere inside the gym. I decided to go outside to look for her and ask her about something and also to help her with things.

But even before I could even move and look for Sharmaine, I suddenly heard a loud thing hitting the gym's floor that gave me goosebumps. Agad din naman akong tumingin sa dalawang lalaking nasa kabila ng gym.

And I can't help but notice Shayne's proud grin while glancing at his spiker, Tobias, who, on the the other hand, looked emotionless. Pero kahit na parang walang emosyon ang kanyang mukha, when you look at his eyes, it tells a different story.