c h a p t e r 2 ~ home sweet home

"Well maybe if we stopped scaring her then..."

And then we were falling

We all started to scream as we fell to what seemed our second death. I suddenly fell on a hard floor, and then the next thing I knew Reggie had fallen on top of me. We both just looked into each other's eyes neither of us moving. Until we heard Luke clearing his throat to get us to move. We quickly got up and I was blushing harder than I ever had before. While Alex looked at me with his knowing smirk.

"How did we get back here?" Luke asked. All of the sudden there was a new scream. We all turned to where it was coming from, and saw a girl. We all started screaming and huddled together as she ran out of the studio.

"Why was she in our studio?" I wondered out loud. "I don't know, but we can ask soon. I have a feeling she'll be coming back." Alex stated.

After a while, the girl came back in. "Are you still here.... whatever you are?" She looked around a little more. "I know I saw something I know I'm not crazy." We were behind her as Luke stepped forward, "We're all a little crazy." He said.

She whipped around and started screaming. Alex covered his ears. "Oh my god! Please stop screaming!" Alex begged the girl. "Well maybe if we stopped scaring her then..." I started as the girl cut me off, "Who are you, and what are you doing in my mom's studio?"

"Your mom's studio?" Luke asked as she pointed the cross at him. "This is our studio. Trust me my..." Luke scooted across the grand piano. "The grand piano is new and... and... and... my couch!" He said with excitement. He then saw a guitar "That is not my six-string. Laur, is it yours?" He asks me. I made my way over to look at it. "Nope, not mine either."

We looked up and saw chairs hanging from the ceiling. Definitely not our chairs I thought. "Can you give me just one second?" My brother asked as he moved past her pulling me with him. "Just give me a second... thank you." He said while I looked at her and mouthed "I'm sorry about them," which causes her to let out a small chuckle.

Luke pulled me into a huddle along with Reggie and Alex. He lowed his voice to a whisper. "Guys, what's going on? How did she get her stuff in here so fast?" "Maybe.... maybe she's a witch. There are chairs floating on the ceiling." Reggie offered as Alex rolled his eyes. "Okay, there's no such thing as witches."

Reggie was quick to defend himself, "You sure? I used to think there was no such thing as ghosts." "That's fair," Alex said.

Luke looked at them confused. "Okay, so we're going with witch?" I slapped my brother's shoulder. "No, we are not going with witch! She is not a witch!" I whisper yelled at him.

Alex sighed, "Okay, look, she's just scared. Okay? Let someone... with a softer touch handle this." He gestured to himself then walked over to her and shouted. "Why are you in our studio?" She pushed the cross forward towards him it went through him and she pulled it back out. "Oh my gosh. How did you do that?" She asked him.

"Clearly your not understanding," Alex said as he turned and faced us. "Clearly she's not understanding."

He turned back around to face her. "Okay, look, we're ghosts alright? We're just four ghosts, and we're really happy to be home. So, thanks for the flowers, they really brighten up the place."

"We're actually in a band called sunset curve," Luke told her. "Tell your friends." Added Reggie. "Last night was supposed to be a really big night for us. It was gonna change our lives." "I'm uh pretty sure it did." Alex mumbled.

She shook her head, "This is freaking me out." She reached into her pocket and pull out a weird glowing thing. "What is that? What are you doing?" My brother asked. She gave him a strange look. "It's my phone. No, stop talking to them they aren't real. There's no such thing as cute ghosts."

Reggie smiled, "Oh you think we're cute?" She then started hitting buttons on her phone. Alex leaned over "Who are you calling?" "I'm googling sunset swerve." She told us. "Sunset curve." We all corrected.

"Woah there is a sunset curve, you did die, but not last night. Twenty-five years ago?" She looked at us questioning.

Reggie looked shocked, "What? No. No, no, no, that's impossible. After we floated out of the ambulance all we did was go to that weird dark room where Alex cried." "Well...... I don't think... I think we were all pretty upset okay?" He said in his high-pitched voice while I rubbed his back trying to comfort him.

"But that was just for like an hour. We just showed up here." Luke told her. "Look I'm just telling you what my phone says." She pointed her phone towards us. "See? You died in 1995 when you were 17. It's now 2020."

"Wait, so it has been 25 years! I have been crying for 25 years? How is that possible?" "Well, you're a very emotional person." Reggie told him. "I am not." He croaked out. "It's okay Alex just take a deep breath." I told him.

"Thought you were afraid to come out here." Said a new voice. "You talking to your ghost friend? How does he look, is he hideous? He asked the girl. "He can see you," Alex told Reggie. "No, he can't." Said the girl. "What?" The boy asked confused. "Uh, what do you want." Questioned the girl. "A normal sister for starters. Stop being weird and come eat." Said her brother.

"He couldn't see you." The girl told us. "Yeah, I mean that's usually how ghosts work," Alex told her. She looked between us, "Look I'm very sorry for what happened to you, but this isn't your studio anymore. You have to leave." She started walking away.

"But wait we didn't get your name," Luke called out after her. "It's Julie." She replied.

"I-I'm Luke. He took a step closer and she put the cross out towards him. "By... by the way and this is.

"Reggie I'm Reggie. Hey."

"Alex. How's it going?"

"I'm Lauren. Nice to meet you."

"Ba-da" Luke said softly as she looked at us unimpressed. "Okay?" She walked off.

Luke's eyes got bigger. Reggie smiled. "Julie seems nice." "Yeah, and I think we could still maybe have a chance at staying here," I told everyone. "Yeah, uh did you two miss the part where she kicked us out?" Alex asked. Reggie and I just looked at each other and smiled, then I looked down at my feet. "Yeah, okay." Alex finished.

a/n- Hey I hope you guys liked this chapter! I'm going to be really busy the next couple of days but I'm still going to try and publish one chapter a day. I'm always going to aim for one chapter a day!