p r o l o u g e

"No Laur, you can sit next to your favorite brother."

(Lauren's outfit)

(Lauren's outfit)

"ONE, TWO, THREE!" Alex yelled as Luke started singing. The band was preparing for the biggest night of their lives.... playing the Orpheum. They were bouncing around with all their excitement that they couldn't contain.

Lauren couldn't help the smile that was growing on her face while she was playing her guitar. This was one of the best feelings in the world for her, playing on stage with her best friends.

She loved everyone in this band so much, yet she felt so differently about them. First, there was Luke her way too overprotective brother, lead singer, and guitarist.

Then there was Alex the drummer, her best friend in the whole world, and the person who knows all of her secrets.

Third, there was Bobby one of the rhythmic guitarists, and someone she viewed as an older brother to her.

Finally, there was Reggie the bassist, she's had a crush on him ever since they first met, but he was a major flirt. And he could never like someone like her right?

And anyway Luke would never let that happen, these were literally the only guys that he even allowed to talk to her. It wasn't that her didn't trust her it was that she was already so broken that he didn't want her to get even more hurt.

They had just finished the soundcheck. Everyone in there was cheering and clapping for them. "Thank you! We're sunset curve!" Reggie said into his mic. Then he walked over by Lauren and the other guys.

"Get away from me, you all smell nasty." Lauren said sarcastically. This made Reggie walk over pick her up and hug her. She instantly started blushing. When he finally set her down Alex looked at her with a knowing look in his eyes, but she looked away.

"Too bad we wasted that on the soundcheck. that's the tightest we ever played." Bobby stated. Luke looked out at where the crowd will be sitting later that night. "Just wait until this place is packed full of record execs."

"Alex you were smoking," Reggie told him. "No, I was just warming up. You guys were the ones killing it." Alex said as he deflected the compliment like he always does. Lauren looked at her best friend, "Come on buddy you were amazing, admit it." "Yeah can't you just own your awesomeness for once!" Reggie agreed. Alex smiled and finally gave in. "Alright, I was killing it!"

"I'm thinking we fuel up before the show. I'm thinking street dogs." Luke said as Reggie and Alex nodded in agreement. "Hey that was my idea, but sure you can take all the credit  like you always do!" Lauren joked.

"Hey! Bobby where you going?" Luke asked. "I'm good." Bobby said while looking at a girl cleaning the tables. "Vegetarian, I could never hurt an animal." Bobby lied.

Luke leaned on bobby's shoulder. Alex rested his arm on Lauren's head as she was short compared to the rest of them, but she's never minded.

"You guys are really good." The girl said and Luke flashed her a smile. "Thank you." "I've seen a lot of bands. Been in a couple myself. I was really feeling it." She finished.

"That's what we do this for. I'm Luke by the way"

"Hi, I'm Reggie."

"Alex."

"Bobby."

The girl then looked over at Lauren. "Hi, I'm Lauren." Luke then gave Bobby a wet willy as the girl finished. "I'm Rose."

"Oh... uh here's our demo, and a tee-shirt. Size beautiful." Reggie stuttered out. This caused Alex to groan and pull Lauren into a side hug as she looked down. Alex was the only one who knew about her crush. Which also meant he knew how much it hurt her when he flirted with other girls.

The girl took the shirt and smiled, "Thanks. I'll make sure not to wipe the tables down with this one." Alex nodded, "Oh good because whenever they get wet they just kinda... fall apart in your hands."

Bobby gave them all a look. "Don't you guys have to go get hotdogs?" He questioned. Luke nodded and leaned towards rose "He had a hamburger for lunch." Lauren followed "Yeah with bacon on top." Bobby gave the two a look as they ran off with Alex and Reggie.

After they left Luke looked around, "That's what I'm talking about!" Alex scrunched his face. "The smell of sunset boulevard?" "No." Luke stated it's what that girl said in there tonight about our music. I want that kind of connection with everyone!"

Reggie smiled, "Then we're gonna need more tee shirts." "Yeah, and maybe get ones that don't fall apart." Lauren agreed as they were all laughing.

Reggie stopped while the others continued. He handed two girls tee shirts then he caught up with everyone. They started yelling trying to get his attention. Alex wrapped an arm around Lauren because he could see her put her head down.

They made their way to the car to get their street dogs. While they were making them Alex dropped a pickle on the battery cable. He sighed, "Man I can't wait until we eat someplace where the condiments aren't served out of the back of an Oldsmobile."

Lauren shrugged and headed over to the couch sitting next to Reggie. Luke and Alex followed quickly behind. Luke squeezed right in between his sister and Reggie. Lauren looked at him annoyed, "So I can't even sit next to guys now?" Luke looked at her and laughed, "No Laur, you can sit next to your favorite brother." "Haha, very funny." She said sarcastically.

"This is awesome you guys." Luke brushed off her comment, "We're playing the Orpheum! I can't even count how many bands have played here and ended up being huge! We're gonna be legends! Eat up, boys and Laur. Cause after tonight, everything changes."

They all put their hotdogs together then took a bite. Alex spoke as his mouth stuffed with food, "That's a new flavor." Lauren looked at her hotdog to see if there was a problem with it. Reggie brushed it off, "Chill guys, street dogs haven't killed us yet."

That's the last thing Lauren remembered from that night. This was supposed to be the biggest night of their lives, it was supposed to change everything. I mean it did but just not in the way they expected.

a/n- I hope you guys enjoy this story! I have some ideas about what I want to do with it but comment if you have any ideas!