c h a p t e r 8 ~ the beach

"I just hate when your sad because it just breaks my heart into a million pieces."

I poofed onto the beach so I could have a moment to think

I poofed onto the beach so I could have a moment to think. Why would I say that? I shouldn't even be jealous. It's fine Lauren, pull it together, he doesn't like you, he never has and never will. Why would he even like me?

I started to cry. Then I started to cry even harder when I realized the reason why I came to the beach. It was because this was Reggie and I's "spot." We would always hang out here and no one would ever know. It was mostly to take his mind off his parents fighting but I always had a lot of fun.

"Lauren..." A voice called, crap it was Reggie, I quickly tried to wipe the tears away from my face and hide the fact I was crying. "What?" My voice cracked because I was about to start crying again.

Reggie walked over and pulled me into a hug, I stiffened up not wanting to hug him, I was still really mad. I couldn't help it I buried my head into his chest and I cried. I broke. I couldn't hold it in anymore and Reggie, he just, he made me feel safe. He stroked my hair. "It's okay... shh Lauren... It's okay it's okay..."

After just sitting there for a while I pulled away and he just looked at me. "Lauren if it's okay I was wondering why you got so upset?" "Oh um..." I started.

He cut me off, "Because if it was my fault I'm sorry. If it's because I was flirting with other girls I'm sorry it didn't mean anything. I just, I never want you to be sad, because when your sad I'm sad. I just hate when your sad because it just breaks my heart into a million pieces. And now I'm rambling because I..."

"Reggie it's okay it was nothing, it wasn't you I was just stressed." I said I decided to forgive him but I still couldn't tell him I liked him, not with all this new stuff going on.

"Okay good, do you wanna maybe go back to the studio?" He asked, "Definitely." I told him as I grabbed onto his hand and we poofed back to the studio.

"So I see that you guys are better." Luke said gesturing to our hands, "But where have you been? Alex had a huge freakout and I didn't know what to do! He said he needed some air and poofed out, also we're gonna invite Julie to join the band. Oh! And-and I found this really good poem that I think we could make some killer lyrics from." He rambled on.

"Luke where did you get that?" I asked scared it was one of my songs. He looked at me, "The piano." He said but whispered something to Reggie.

We had been messing around for a while trying to work the poem into a song. "What do you guys think of this riff?" Luke asked. Reggie nodded his head along, "Sweet, I'm feeling that." He started playing something on his bass, "And then I come in with a little...." "Oh and then I could do a little of this." I said as I started to play. Luke smiled, "And then Julie comes in with her killer lyrics." "And sunset curve is reborn!" Reggie exclaimed

Julie had walked into the room, "Guys you aren't supposed to be playing alone." "But we're not alone because we always have each other." Luke told her as he pulled Reggie by him, and Reggie pulled me over wrapping his arm around me.

Julie started to unplug the amps, "But we had the volume level on one..." Luke complained. Reggie quickly added, "But we rocked it on level ten. Want us to play it again?" "I don't think she does." I told him as I looked up at him and snuggled in close, while he smiled down at me.

Luke looked at Julie, "We've actually been waiting for you to get home. Okay, so we have some pretty major news to tell you. We all talked earlier, and..." Reggie took his arm off my shoulder and started drumming on his legs. "We want to invite you to join sunset curve! And no your not dreaming." We all looked at her waiting, "Oh..." She said.

"Oh... uh... oh, she said oh... That's what you say when you get socks on your birthday, not when you're invited to join the greatest band of all time!" Luke said.

Julie sighed, "Sorry. I'm honored. But I can't think about anything other than Flynn right now, she's still mad at me for lying. She hasn't even texted me back." "Yeah, you are in a tough spot. So wanna join the band?" Luke asked, while I rolled my eyes, Julie just glared at him, "Read the room dude."

Luke started talking again, "Oh come on, we need you and you need us because you need music! We found this poem you wrote, and Laur, Reggie, and I, we added this really cool melody to it. It sounds awesome!"

"Where'd you find that?" Julie asked, Luke shoved Reggie in front of him, "Definitely not your dream box..." "Luke! You said you found that on the piano!" I yelled as Julie walked towards him angrily, "You went through my stuff?"

Luke ran away, "I know but..." Reggie cut him off "Yeah we can do that now." "No, you can't! Boundaries! Give it back!" She exclaimed.

Luke jumped on the piano and smacked his hands down. "No, okay you need to realize how insanely talented you are, okay? Listen to this. If somebody hurts you... If somebody hurts you I'm gonna get hurt too. And my life, my life will be real low, zero flying solo." "Oh-oh" Reggie added.

"It's a killer melody." Luke told her. She took a breath, "I wrote that about Flynn when she was helping me with all my mom stuff... I-I gotta go." Julie started walking out. "Hey what about the band?" Luke called out, she turned around, "Oh I almost forgot, stay out of my room!" "Yeah? We will if you join our band." Luke called out sticking his head out the door.

I poofed out to go talk to Julie, "Hey Laur, I'm sorry I got mad but I don't wanna talk about the band." She told me. I looked at her, "No I'm sorry about the guys. I would love it if you join the band but I wanted to know if you want to talk?" I asked, she looked at me with a frown, "I just want some space right now sorry." "That's okay just, I'm always here okay?" I told her, "I know Laur. Thanks." She said and I poofed back.

I poofed back just as Alex had started talking, "Hey Alex!" I said. "Oh hey Laur! I was just telling the guys I met a new ghost friend. He told me that all ghosts have unfinished business and we need to do that to crossover."

"Why would we do that?" Asked Luke. "Yeah, not only can that girl sing she can write too! Luke, Laur and I made a killer melody to one of her lyrics." Reggie stated as Luke showed it to Alex.

"Without your drummer cool." Alex said. "Drumming is so 90's we're just gonna... stomp our feet now." Luke said to mess with Alex and it worked. "Okay, well you know what else is so 90's? Being rude. Alright get woke these are sensitive times." He said.

Reggie and I looked at each other confused about the new word. "I learned that from my ghost friend." Alex said as he leaned closer. "Woke... That's a cool word. What does it mean?" Reggie asked. "No clue." Alex told him.

I pulled Alex aside. "So this ghosts friend...?" I asked and this made Alex blush. He was just about to tell me when Julie burst into the room saying we have 30 minutes to perfect the song. "We will talk about this later." I told Alex

We started working on the song so that Flynn wouldn't tell Julie's dad that she's gone insane.

a/n- Hop you guys enjoy! This chapter was a little longer but I'm deciding what to do right now. I want Lauren and Flynn to be friends but I don't think I want her to be seen by Flynn. I have ideas though.