c h a p t e r 2 3 ~ the hgc

"Oh and Lauren, darling, you just look like you're made to be a bride in that outfit."

We saw Caleb sitting on the piano, "What are you doing here?" Luke asked, Caleb gasped, "Such hostility! I'm just here to congratulate you on your big night, not everyone gets to play the Orpheum

We saw Caleb sitting on the piano, "What are you doing here?" Luke asked, Caleb gasped, "Such hostility! I'm just here to congratulate you on your big night, not everyone gets to play the Orpheum."

Luke pointed at him, "No, no okay, we know that it's your stamp that's hurting us..." "Hmm..." Caleb said, Luke continued, "...We already told you we have a band. We don't wanna join your little club."

Alex took a step forward, "Yeah, and you can't make us either." Caleb glared at him making Alex step back and stutter out, "S-sir."

I took a step forward now, "You can leave now we don't need you here. We have places to be." He glared at me like he did Alex but I didn't step back I stood there unaffected. I didn't want him to have any more power.

Caleb made a clicking noise, "Right! You're crossing over tonight. So exciting! The funny thing about the cross-over, no one really knows what's happening on the other side. But I know what's happening on this side."

He kissed his hand and then blew it at us, this sent a cloud our way teleporting us to the Hollywood ghost club.

We looked down and saw that our clothes weren't the same, I hate to admit it but I really liked the dress. Reggie couldn't take his eyes off me so I knew he liked it too.

(Outfit below)

"Well don't you look nice

"Well don't you look nice." Caleb said making his way towards us, "Sweet threads." Was all Reggie could manage to get out.

Luke was messing with his collar, "How, how'd you know our sizes?" Alex asked, Luke still messing with his collar looked at him, "That's your question?"

Caleb looked at me, "Oh and Lauren, darling, you just look like your made to be a bride in that outfit. Now it also comes to my attention that there's something special going on with you and a certain bass player."

"That's none of your business!" I snapped at him, he looked at me, "I just wanted to let you know, here, you could get married! You can't do that anywhere else. But here, you can! I don't know what you guys have talked about but it's obvious that could be something you want."

I'm not gonna lie that was a big plus but I couldn't leave Julie, so I just stayed quiet while he talked to us, "Now I know you all aren't my biggest fans right now, and an eternity at my club might seem overwhelming... but I just put you all in sweet threads and a beautiful dress so humor me this one last pitch. For starters isn't it nice that you're all here together."

We looked at each other as Caleb continued to speak, "And trust me, everything you want." He looked at Alex, "Including Willie, is on that stage." Reggie grabbed onto my hand.

Caleb continued, "And on my stage, you don't vanish when the music stops, you can soak in the applause for as long as you want. The connection that you will feel with that audience will be like no other." He went over and fixed Luke's tie.

"I promise." He finished as we heard cheers erupting from the crowd, Caleb gasped, "Oh, Shhh... Do you hear that? They're waiting for you!"

We felt another jolt go through our bodies, Reggie and I squeezed each other's hands tighter, as we bent over in pain.

Caleb looked at us and winced, "That one looked like it hurt. Now, let me remind you, you don't know if playing the Orpheum is your unfinished business. Do you really have time to make that mistake?"

We all glared and the evil, evil man in front of us, "I suggest that you accept my offer, because the clock, is, ticking."

He took a drink of water as another jolt went through our bodies. Reggie and I squeezed each other's hand again. "Ouch." Caleb said and walked onto the stage, "You know where to find me."

Caleb ran onto the stage and started to sing, he kept looking over at us while he sang, the words oddly being very specific to our situation.

We all moved a little bit forward, we couldn't help it. It was like Caleb was controlling our bodies, he was able to control us more as the music was going longer.

All a sudden I looked over at Alex, his drum stick spinning in his hand, he looked worried, then he took a step forward and was poofed onto the stage.

"Alex, show us what you got." Caleb sang out, as Alex played a killer solo, then I looked over at Reggie, his bass moved into playing position, his hand let go of mine.

He took a step forward and was also poofed onto the stage,  "Reggie, swing it baby." Also playing a good solo, Luke and I reached down for each other's hands, both of us too scared to move.

The next thing I knew I was taking a step forward and being poofed onto the stage, I started playing a solo, "now Lauren, keep it goin'." As I finished my solo and Reggie came over by me, the smile he sent me showed me that he came over to me by himself.

Then we heard Caleb again, "Ooo, now Luke, yeah." We all watched him play a solo and fight Caleb as much as he could but Caleb won and he was on the stage.

"How you like my new band?" Caleb asked through a larger smile and the crowd cheered. Caleb went back to singing.

Caleb kept forcing us to play, we all kept giving each other worried looks, we need to get to Julie I thought. But I couldn't get anywhere I kept trying to stop playing or something but I couldn't do anything. Caleb had full control of my body and I didn't like it one bit.

Finally, the music stopped and we were in our ending positions. The crowd cheered as we all went over by Alex knowing we had to make a plan.

Then the music started again, and we started playing against our will.

a/n- Nothing much to say again! Hope you like this!