c h a p t e r 1 ~ the dark room

"Someone like her could never like someone like me right?"

I sat in a dark room all by myself. I was scared, so scared that I started to cry. After a couple of minutes I heard a poofing noise, then another, and a third one. "Hello?" I called out, "Lauren is that you?" yelled a voice I instantly recognized as Alex.

I started running, and running, and running until I reached them. I gave Luke a big hug as I ran into his arms. "What happened?" I asked. "We died." Alex said through loud sobs. I went over to him to hug him. "It's okay Alex. I'm here it's okay." I said trying to comfort him.

"Lauren are you okay? Y-you died right in front of all of us." Reggie said and I could hear his voice crack like he was about to break. "Alex is it okay if I go hug Reggie? I'll be right back I promise." "He looks like he could use one, so go but come right back I can't lose you again." Alex said. This sentence made me want to break I can't believe that they all had to watch me die.

I got up and ran over to Reggie and hugged him. It felt nice, him wrapping me in his arms like he could never let me go. I felt so safe right then and there. I could feel my cheeks heating up so I buried my face into his chest so he couldn't see. It was perfect.

That was until I heard Luke, "Reggie, Lauren stop hugging. That was supposed to be a friendly hug, and that didn't look very friendly to me." Luke said as he looked at us annoyed. I could feel my cheeks heat up, I look over at Reggie and his cheeks were red too. It was probably nothing so I just brushed it off.

I went back over to Alex and kept trying to comfort him. I heard Reggie and Luke talking about something, but I couldn't hear so I just tried to focus on comforting Alex. I kept thinking about what they were talking about.

When I looked over there again I saw Reggie looking at me but right as I looked at him he snapped his head back. I couldn't stop thinking about that, but I also couldn't stop thinking about where we were. We've been here for like an hour. That's when I heard our song now or never start playing.

And then we were falling.

Reggie's pov

⚠️TW MENTION OF DEATH⚠️

"Chill guys, street dogs haven't killed us yet," I said and that's when it happened Lauren fell to the ground.

"Lauren! Lauren! Answer me Lauren!" Luke was yelling and crying. Alex started to cry, "Lauren! Come on Lauren! Get up!" I went down by her and was trying to feel for a pulse "Lauren come on get up! Get up!" I was yelling and crying now too.

⚠️TW OVER⚠️

I knew she was gone but I just couldn't accept that. And god why did this have to happen now right before we played the Orpheum. Right before I was finally gonna man up and tell her I liked her. Why was I so stupid? Why didn't just tell her that I've been in love with her since the day we met? Then the next thing I know Luke, Alex, and I were all on the ground too.

After a couple of minutes, we appeared in this weird dark room. I looked for Lauren and I couldn't find her. She was gone, and I could feel my heart drop.

"Hello?" I heard someone yell, and I just froze. It was Lauren, she's okay, or at least she was with us I thought. "Lauren is that you?" Called out Alex. Then I saw her she ran into Luke's arms and I was so grateful just to know she was okay.

"What happened?" She asked. Alex then started talking through his sobs, "We died." She walked over and started comforting Alex. I finally built up the courage to ask her if she was okay, "Lauren are you okay? Y-you died right in front of all of us." I stutter out.

She didn't answer she just ran over and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her as tight as I could never wanting to let her go. I just wanted to tell her I loved her but I just couldn't. She buried her face into my chest and it was the greatest feeling ever.

That's when I heard Luke. "Reggie, Lauren stop hugging. That was supposed to be a friendly hug, and that didn't look very friendly to me." He said looking kind of mad. I felt my face get warm as we pulled apart. I looked over at her and her face was red too, but it was probably just nothing. Someone like her could never like someone like me right?

She went back over to Alex to try and get him to stop crying. Luke came over to me and I was not excited because he didn't look very happy. "What was that?" He asked. "It was just a hug okay, what else would it be?" I question. "Okay, well I don't know it just looked like you maybe liked her or something." Crap I can't let him find out at least not until after I tell her. "W-what? No I mean yeah like she's great but uh she's your sister so um yeah." I stuttered out.

I looked over at her and wow. She looks adorable even when she's dead. She's so amazing because she just wants us all to not be sad right now even though she's probably feeling the worst. And how she's just trying to take care of Alex not caring how loud and annoying his sobs are.

But then I saw her look at me. Crap I thought as I snapped my head back. "....So that's what I think. So Reggie why do you think we're here?" Luke questions as I realize I wasn't listening to a word he had just said. "Oh uh I'm not sure" I started. But then I heard our song now or never start playing.

And then we were falling.

a/n- I hope you guys are liking the story so far! I know this isn't in the show but I thought it would be a good added chapter. Also, I probably won't be doing Reggie's pov very often. I thought that now would be a good time to do one so we can see his feelings towards lauren. And I could mention her death a little and why they weren't together to start.