Happy Late Birthday 404

Before this small little special starts, this is just a story that came into mind when I drew some art for 404's birthday (pic will be shown at the end) This will not be cannon to the plot story for now and one more thing, there is 404×Bill and 404×their lover in AlphaTale as confirmed in the wiki (as of now)

Anyways let's start :3 (Btw some characters might be Ooc)

———♧◇♡♤———
Quiet steps were heard around the edge of OuterTale, sometimes kicking some of the small pebbles in their makeshift path as they walked around. Who was there exactly?

Easy, 404. It was his birthday today, you must be questioning why he wasn't with someone at the moment, aren't there people who cared for him? Did Error, Fatal, his own brother forgot about his day?

...Ye—

Well no, actually it was quite the opposite. Almost everyone on his side had greeted him, some even gave him gifts which he is grateful for.

The reason he was currently alone, was that he may or may not got a bit overwhelmed. When he still was living in AlphaTale, though some of his memories were still blurry, he could piece up that he and his brothers' birthdays weren't that important.

Even after escaping the experiments, some humans or monsters hated him, so usually his brothers and... a human would always greet him. So due to having very small social skills and what had happened in his AU, he was definitely not prepared for all the greetings or any gifts.

"Hey 404!"

The sudden voice that called 404, snapped 404 from his small walk. He looked at the direction he heard the voice from and to his surprise he saw the dream demon sans wearing his signature jet black hood cloak? item that had a secondary color of a bright yellow.

"Oh, hEy Bill."

404 smiled at the other, though he was a little surprised since he just saw the other several minutes ago before coming to OuterTale, but happy. 404 even had a light tint of blush on his face

"What are you doing here alone? Isn't it your birthday? Don't you want to celebrate?"

Bill raised a brow.

"... No, nOt reaLly."

404 responded after a moment. He wasn't used to the idea of celebrating something as simple as the day you're born, a few greetings would already be enough for him in reality.

"Aw, why not? Aren't birthdays supposed to be fun?"

Bill asked.

404 slightly froze at that, as a memory came into his mind.

It was Jacob's birthday. William, Deilos and Adam had greeted Jacob that day. It was just like any other day. But then the 'accident' happened... Birthdays aren't fun. That was when a parent abandoned their own child due to the parent's favoritism... (No, this is not cannon- Well most of it isn't)

"... No... They arEn't someTimes."

404 muttered in response as he left through another portal.

Bill stared confused wondering if he did something wrong. He wouldn't admit it, but he cared about the other.

He enjoyed the other's company...

It kind of hurt when the other left him, seemingly to be in a worse mood...

Did he do something wrong?

---

404 shook his head as be walked through a DustTale copy, luckily Dust Sans Copy was in Judgement Hall so he could freely walk through Waterfall.