Part 14

"I see you are awake my dear. I was very worried" the voice of Albus Dumbledore spoke. Ara looked to see a group of people at the door, all looking at her.
"Am alright" she smiled.

Poppy ran to the room and checked her in few minutes. "oh thank God you're OK. And now, you listen to me. You need to eat. Do you understand? You are just like Mr Potter, telling everyone 'am alright'. No, you can't fool me. Eat and rest. Is that clear?" Ara nodded a little too forcefully.

Molly rushed in and pushed Remus away as she hugged Ara, "Oh dear, I was so worried.." Ara was too stunned but she gently hugged her back.
Just as Ron proclaimed he will get Harry, Dumbledore stepped in.

"Not now, Mr Weasley. I am sure Ara will get plenty of time to speak with him." He turned to Ara,
"I am sure everyone wants to see you, but it is important that I have some matters to discuss with you" Albus said.
Ara looked down and nodded. As everyone made to leave, Sirius held her hand and asked, "Would you like me to stay?"
"Am afraid not, Sirius " Albus answered. Ara took her hand and looked away. Sirius left.

" I see that you are already changing events as it is." Albus stated.
Ara kept silent. "Even though I understand your feelings, I must urge you to consider the influence of your... rash decisions. " She suddenly stared at Albus like she was surprised. But then she looked away and didn't say anything. "I will remind you Miss Iyer, each and every moment changed will cause further changes. "

"Sorry.....So... Are you throwing me out ?" Ara frowned.

"Ohh No No. Not at all my dear. You can stay here as long as... Needed. I will never put you in danger of being in Voldemorts hands. No no... You shouldn't worry about him. "

Ara didn't look up as she nodded." Am so sorry "she muttered. Albus smiled and said," All is done is done. I will always help you with anything my lady, please feel free to tell me. Now Take rest. I must be off. " with that he left.

Sirius sprinted into the room and took her hand "Ara... Are you alright?"

She smiled at him and nodded,"Am alright Sirius, er... Just a bit tired. May I.. "
" Oh God, you need food and rest. Poppy said, right... KREACHER... " Sirius screeched causing Ara to flinch slightly.

" Mistress is awake.." Kreacher jumped excitedly as Ara laughed. "yes I am, Kreacher. Can you please get me something to eat? And Sirius? "
"No am good. Please bring her something. "
Kreacher reappeared with a large tray with a variety of foods." Oh dear Kreacher, you have outdone yourself. Thank you "
Kreacher swelled with pride as he bowed and left.

" Um... Sirius?"
"Yes love? "
" Can I spend some time alone? Just wanted to rest... Please? "

Sirius eyes flashed hurt for a second. But he quickly stood," of course. Just give me a call and I will be here. Take care Ara... And, Ara....? "
Ara looked up.
Sirius was at the door, looking at her," whatever Dumbledore told you, don't bother. He... Um... He is headmaster you see. He likes obedient children. I was never on his good books. Don't let him get you. Take rest, love. Am just next door "

With that he closed the door, leaving Ara to her own thoughts.

Just as Sirius entered his room, Harry appeared at the door," Sirius? Is she alright? What did Madam Pomphrey say? And did Dumbledore just came and left?"

Sirius beckoned him to get in and closed the door. He sat near Harry and said "She is alright Harry. She may look small but she pulled through. Poppy reckons she needs food and rest. And yes, Dumbledore just came, spoke to Ara alone and left soon"

"But... He... I... Um.. What does he think about the dementors? What is the ministry doing? Why he didn't.. " Harry was fuming.
Sirius sighed," Harry, I really don't know what that man is up to. And... I don't get it. Well, Ara won't speak of it to me. I hope she doesn't go back to...She's really upset. "he stopped.

" I can't imagine what she's going through. "Harry mused.

" You don't have to, kid. Just take care of yourself. We'll deal with the rest. You enjoy your teenage hormones, okay? " Sirius wiggled his eyebrows as Harry groaned.

" So tell me what kind of girls you like Harry?"
Harry looked horrified and got up. "Nice talking to you, Sirius. I think I will wait for some more time to speak with Ara, bye.." and he ran off.

Sirius hollered with laughter when he ran and told himself, 'Definitely Lilly's boy in that case.'

After sometime, Molly came to ask if he will come down for lunch. He said, "I will get Ara and come. Thanks Molly"
"that will be great, Sirius. Remus is also near her. Bring them both please. All are so eager to see her " she smiled.

Sirius reached near the partially open door and stilled as he heard faint sobs. He wondered if he should get in or not. Then he heard, "I can't do this, Remus. Why me? I am a coward. I already ended my life because I failed. I am afraid I will fail you all. Remus, why won't Dumbledore listen to me? What can I do? I can't let it happen..." she was crying as Remus held her close and just listened to her fears.
Sirius made to turn away when he met Moony's eyes that fixed him in a glare. He took a deep breath and knocked.

Ara looked at the door and called faintly, "Sirius?"

" Err...I just... Ara... "
She held her hand out and gave him a teary smile," I thought you'd be with Harry. "

He let out a breath in relief and was quickly at her side rubbing circles in the back of her hand as he looked at her," Hmm... I was. But well, he sort of ran off... " he grinned.

Ara looked scared," What did you do? Sirius... You are his godfather. "
" Hey, I was doing what I should " he raised his hands in mock surrender.

" Oh Padfoot. No, you didn't " Remus groaned, covering his eyes.
" Hey, I never got to the details "

" What? You told him? About... " Ara was interupted by Moony " Girls "
Ara turned to Remus and then to Sirius, who was smirking mischievously.

" Oh my God " she mumbled. But both marauders could see her trying to hide a smile. They looked at each other knowingly." So.. Hungry? " Sirius asked.

" OK, I will be down in a minute. She walked towards the bathroom.

Both men walked down and Sirius said, "She... I feel... She feels really familiar. I don't know she reminds..." he trailed off as Remus held his shoulder, "Lilly."
Sirius nodded slightly as Remus said, "I felt that the first time we talked. Very emotional yet extremely strong. But then, as she opens up more..." he took a deep breath as Sirius stared. "she protects her loved ones without thinking about anything, even herself, Padfoot. Very much like Prongs. Am really glad she is here."
"Harry is lucky she's here "Sirius said.
" Not only Harry, Padfoot " Remus added softly as they watched Kreacher bowing down to Ara, who was fiddling tensely as she was being fussed over by Molly and Tonks from both sides.
And an eager looking Hermione thanking her over and over from the other side of table.
Sirius laughed lightly and went to pull her away and guided her to sit near him.

" Hi Harry.. Er.. Mr Potter? May I sit here? I... Do you mind ? " she asked uncertainly as she struggled Sirius who was pushing her into the chair.

" Not at all, Miss.... Ara? And please its Harry " he grinned at his godfather's actions.