Part 8

There was an awkward silence in the air as sirius stared at his mirror. He looked so concerned that he was almost not blinking. He failed to notice that Aaradhana finished her coffee and left the kitchen.
Soon enough, he heard an anxious Harry calling his name. His face instantly relaxed as he looked at his godson, " Happy birthday, young man"

"Sirius, where are you? Isn't this dangerous? What if the ministry tracked this mirror? I am not having you in Azkaban again. My birthday is not worth it. You shouldn't have... "

" Relax Harry. Am not going to Azkaban or anywhere away from you. I promise I will be with you Harry. I won't leave. This is a two way mirror harry. It's one of the safest means of communication. Can't be tracked at all. Only make sure no one else sees or hears when you call me. OK? "

" it's easy. The dursleys have taken to ignoring me completely ever since they knew about you being my godfather. Can't thank you enough. " Harry grinned.

" never mention pup. Now to the matter. How are you doing Harry and don't say fine. We both know you are not "

" Am... Am doing OK I think. I get nightmares and all but.. Nothing much. My scar hurts sometimes, last time it happened, voldemort was near me. But now, I don't know. I mean am really stuck here. I don't know what's going on at all. I am really... Er... Frustrated? " Harry looked up to Sirius's concerned face.

" same about me Harry. The ministry is keen on having me again. So am stuck here, hey you know where, in my damn parent's house.. Urghh.. I made a decision to never step in this darned place when I was 16. And now here I am. "
Sirius sighed." Harry, we don't know much about what the dark side is up to. He is staying low until now and it's suspicious. The ministry is also against us... Er... You especially. "

" what do you mean " Sirius lowered his voice " the ministry doesn't accept he is back Harry. They are calling you delusional "

" what? They can't do it. I saw him. What about Cedric? Sirius but... "

" They are denying the truth Harry. I think Fudge is scared of the truth. I don't know what he plans by this. But it clearly gives an advantage to the other side. Now listen to me Harry "

" I always do Sirius " he said softly

" No this is most important. I want you to stay inside that house always. Harry, I am really sorry to tell you this. But trust me, am in the same boat here. Least we can do for each other is make sure to stay safe, right? And I mean inside the house. No walks, no fresh air, nothing OK? I promise to get you out as soon as possible. But until then we don't know what to expect. I really don't want you to run into some dementors or anything like that. Within that house, nothing can touch you. Promise me harry... Please "
" yes, I promise. But.... "he smiled" only if you promise the same "

Sirius let out a bark like laugh and said," I promise you too. Prongslet. See you soon. Any small matter, you call me through the mirror. Keep it close. Always. Stay safe. I can't wait to see you "

" yes Sirius. I... Thank you for this.. Ohh Dudley is coming. Bye "

" Bye pup"

With that Harry was gone.