3. Show Time!

The ride to the set was silent.

After the acting incident, Cheng Hao decided it would be much better to keep a very professional stance with Luo Hua, so he avoided him as much as he could for the day while the latter simply complied with his wish.

However, as soon as Li Jun stopped the car and the door was open, Luo Hua became the centre of Cheng Hao's attention. He placed his hand behind the actor's back and directed him towards the entrance smoothly from between the crazy fans. Behind them, Li Jun collected the gifts the fans gave.

"You are getting more and more popular each day," Li Jun said with a proud smile while showing them the gifts he was holding.

"Popular, my ass!"

Hearing the angry voice, Cheng Hao pulled Luo Hua behind him, securing him from potential harm.

"Don't worry, he only barks, but never bites, right Wei Ming?" Luo Hua patted Cheng Hao's shoulder.

"Funny," Wei Ming grimaced, "is he the reason why you rejected Zhang Rui?" he pointed at Cheng Hao with his cold black eyes.

"For Heaven's sake! You have so much potential for soap operas!" Luo Hua dragged Cheng Hao and Li Jun away from drama-queen Wei Ming as he was the very last person he wanted to deal with on the first day of the shooting.

"Isn't he really a threat? Cheng Hao asked when they were in the dressing room, making Luo Hua and Li jun burst into laughter.

"Oh no, he is just a stupid platonic lover," Luo Hua reassured Cheng Hao, "Zhang Rui confessed to me and I rejected him, so Wei Ming is trying to irritate me to show how much he loves Zhang Rui."

"Why did you reject Zhang Rui?" the question spilled from Cheng Hao's mouth unwittingly. Why the hell I asked?! he shouted inwardly while giving himself a mental slap. Indeed, Luo Hua was extremely handsome when he didn't open his mouth, but it was against his professionalism.

After a second of silence, Luo Hua wetted his lips with a playful smirk, "he is not my type, too fragile for my taste," he said, looking straight at Cheng Hao.

"Hmm," Cheng Hao mumbled, not knowing what to say. "Shall we ask to change him with another actor then?" he asked, hoping to drop the previous topic.

"It was Luo Hua who asked the director to cast Wei Ming, so no need," Li Jun shook his head, showing his disapproval.

"Why?" Cheng Hao blurted out, his curiosity took control over his mind again.

"He has five siblings and a sick father," Luo Hua said matter of factly, "I wanted to help him earn some money."

Cheng Hao was flabbergasted. Who could guess for the arrogant actor to do such a good deed for someone who hated him?

"Don't get surprised yet, I have a lot in my sleeves," Luo Hua winked at Cheng Hao, snapping him out of his trance.

"You have to get ready now," Li Jun saved Cheng Hao one more time and they left the room.

Twenty minutes later, Luo Hua joined them with his hair styled and make-up done for his role. Cheng Hao couldn't take his eyes off his heavenly handsome face and Luo Hua was fully aware of his attention.

I will be doomed!

***

The following five days passed quickly without any major happenings. Everyday, Luo Hua and Chen Hao were on the set from early in the morning to late at night. When Luo Hua was shooting the drama, Cheng Hao was watching him intently, enjoying his outstanding performance although he would never say it out loud.